See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD Insurance Index

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

DD Insurance Index

Is the insurance index for DD 2?

Some people are saying it's 2.4 or 2.7? On CVCX it looks like 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DK-Diggity View Post
    Is the insurance index for DD 2?

Some people are saying it's 2.4 or 2.7? On CVCX it looks like 2.
    The integer index is +2 if remaining decks are calculated to the exact card or it's +3 if the remaining decks are calculated to the nearest half.
    The decimal index is +2.4.

Sincerely,
    Cac

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    The integer index is +2 if remaining decks are calculated to the exact card or it's +3 if the remaining decks are calculated to the nearest half.
    The decimal index is +2.4.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    OP did not indicate count system. However, the manner of how question is asked suggests he is getting the Floored decimal index for Hi Lo and Halves respectively. But then again, what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    OP did not indicate count system. However, the manner of how question is asked suggests he is getting the Floored decimal index for Hi Lo and Halves respectively. But then again, what do I know.
    You're right, he didn't specify the count system and I assumed Hi-Lo. +2.7 could very well refer to Halves.

Cac

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hi Lo. So I mean in practice, would it make much difference using 2 or 3? 2.4 is the info I needed. That's enough rope to hang myself. Thanx

Also, who wants to teach me CV DATA?

Hi Lo. So I mean in practice, would it make much difference using 2 or 3?
    Given that the STRIKE POINT, or break even point is 2.4, using 2.0 would be a costly error. However, as a variance reducing strategy (especially on shoe string bankroll) for good hands such as 19 or 20, insuring is okay. Also, right at strike point or even above as you mentioned 3.0, NOT insuring crappy hands is not a mistake (depending on factors).However, the higher the true count becomes, the more imperative it becomes to insure all hands.

Not asked, but as an add on, how to play player crappy hands in high TC’s will also improve your success rate.

But then again, what do I know.

i don't understand how the value of your hand factors into insurance

Quote Originally Posted by DK-Diggity View Post
    i don't understand how the value of your hand factors into insurance
    From a straight analytical viewpoint, it doesn’t. From a strategy perspective, they’re different considerations.

From a straight analytical viewpoint, it doesn’t. From a strategy perspective, they’re different considerations.

I should add
    If you have the ability to determine ace density, and if you’re able to further determine density of intermediate cards, then you can adjust the threshold strike point up or down.

Lately you have used this term a lot. It sounds like you are not confident. Be bold!

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Lately you have used this term a lot. It sounds like you are not confident. Be bold!
    @21for me
    What is unimportant in this scenario is money. What is important are bragging rights.

But then again, what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Anything is possible. We can test the theorem. Ask me the Colour of the sky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast