See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Can anyone explain this to me?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Zee, did you go to their boot camp?
    Nope, nor am I on that forum (I did join for a year a while back) but it's ridiculous to be simplistic and criticize them for charging $2500 for a boot camp in Las Vegas.

It's like suggesting that Motel 6 is a better deal than a Hilton. If you can afford it, why not stay at the Hilton?

Look, not only does one learn a count but all the other BJ stuff, get to meet great AP's plus bond with others attending the boot camp. I wish I had learned while making close friendships with others at the same level. This solo gig is boring and stressful. It would be nice to have contacts in different places. Often, these camps lead to friendships and get togethers between attendees for years after the camp is over.

Those attacking are simplistic idiots with a need to put down others to feel superior.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Nope, nor am I on that forum (I did join for a year a while back) but it's ridiculous to be simplistic and criticize them for charging $2500 for a boot camp in Las Vegas.

It's like suggesting that Motel 6 is a better deal than a Hilton. If you can afford it, why not stay at the Hilton?

Look, not only does one learn a count but all the other BJ stuff, get to meet great AP's plus bond with others attending the boot camp. I wish I had learned while making close friendships with others at the same level. This solo gig is boring and stressful. It would be nice to have contacts in different places. Often, these camps lead to friendships and get togethers between attendees for years after the camp is over.

Those attacking are simplistic idiots with a need to put down others to feel superior.
    What they're doing is fine. $3000 is a COMPLETE FUCKING RIP OFF!!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    What they're doing is fine. $3000 is a COMPLETE FUCKING RIP OFF!!!
    If you have a $5,000 bankroll then this is not for you, on the other hand if your starting roll is $100,000 then maybe.........

You are missing the whole point of their offering..................but I agree it is expensive.

I have actually have had multiple players that were taught by BJA and they were all highly competent and good people. So the rate for their education may have been high but the results were exceptional.

Also, I know of no other person or organization that is producing the number of competent new AP's and I consider that a service to the AP community.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I don't think this is a good comparison. I think a better comparison would be looking at the going rate of $15 for a haircut in town, but then some ass hole wants $100 for the same damn haircut. Yes, it is a rip off. In my opinion, charging $500 for a two day seminar would still be expensive, but tolerable, $3,000 outrageous. The median weekly salary in USA is only a little more than $22 an hour so 16 hours at $22 is only $352 and that assumes one and one instruction. Hell, you don't need any college or degree to teach Hi-Low count. $500 would be plenty for a two day course.
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/wkyeng.t01.htm
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 01-06-2019 at 03:54 PM.