Thread: ASC stratergy in negative situation

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ASC stratergy in negative situation

I understand that the benefit of ACS has most effective for BC and IC but very little in PE, the more positive count the better BC and IC. What do you do if the count is negative but Aces rich situation ? Do you still soft double and splitting them? More than few times I splited/double as BS or indices called for but get stiff and dealer made the hands with low cards.

Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    I understand that the benefit of ACS has most effective for BC and IC but very little in PE, the more positive count the better BC and IC. What do you do if the count is negative but Aces rich situation ? Do you still soft double and splitting them? More than few times I split/double as BS or indices called for but get stiff and dealer made the hands with low cards.
    The benefit of an ASC is extended not only for betting and insurance, but for play. Specifically 1D and 2D! The idea is that in certain situations, the Ace acts like a "big card" and others a "little card". Think about hard doubles. Do you want an Ace-rich deck when doubling 10's or 11's? How about an Ace-poor deck? Consider now pair 9's. Do you want to split 9's in a Ace-poor deck that is also loaded with T's against certain dealer up-cards?

Think now about what happens if you are T-poor and Ace rich. What do you do for betting? Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    Do you want an Ace-rich deck when doubling 10's or 11's?
    Thanks Dogman, I still wonder if it is +EV for soft double or splitting Aces in negative shoe. I would hesitate to double 11 in neg count but rich Aces.

Thanks Dogman, I still wonder if it is +EV for soft double or splitting Aces in negative shoe. I would hesitate to double 11 in neg count but rich Aces.
    It takes a real doghouse to bypass splitting aces. I do take extra caution on negative count soft doubles. The lower my soft total coupled with a low dealer upcard flags my highest level of caution, whereas the higher my soft total against a dealer 5 or 6, I’ll play a relaxed level of caution.

Negative shoe as in -EV for the given round ,or for each possible soft hand EV? If the former, I would assume it doesn't matter. If the latter, depends on the composition of the shoe, the current TC you have, and the inclusion of the Ace data for playing purposes. Each hand will have a given Expectation. A CA can help answer that question.

For doubling 11 in negative counts: It depends on the magnitude of the TC and the number of Aces in play.

Answer this question: You play HOII. Suppose you have a RC of -10 in a DD game with 1D played out. The hand is 11 vs A. Now assume that 8 of the 8 Aces are drawn. Compute the new RC with the missing Aces. Does the MP index value suggest you should hit or double?

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    For doubling 11 in negative counts: It depends on the magnitude of the TC and the number of Aces in play.

Answer this question: You play HOII. Suppose you have a RC of -10 in a DD game with 1D played out. The hand is 11 vs A. Now assume that 8 of the 8 Aces are drawn. Compute the new RC with the missing Aces. Does the MP index value suggest you should hit or double?
    Well, I would bailed out when that happened even NMSE as no hope for count turn positive with 65% to 70% cut. Thanks