See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding AA78mTc side count to High Low

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Freightman,
    I've been reading these boards for a year or two, and you are probably the rudest poster here.
    And I never said he wasn't intelligent. However, I am definitely questioning his repeated claims that "the average person" like his "lady friend" can easily and quickly learn to keep an accurate main count along with multiple side counts.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I wonder if Carla went to MIT?
    Subtle and funny. And now for something completely different
    https://youtu.be/4JgbOkLdRaE

Only 11 more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Freightman,
    I've been reading these boards for a year or two, and you are probably the rudest poster here.
    And I never said he wasn't intelligent. However, I am definitely questioning his repeated claims that "the average person" like his "lady friend" can easily and quickly learn to keep an accurate main count along with multiple side counts.
    You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. In support of your opinion, I’ve noted some of your posts as being fairly stupid. Only 10 more to go.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    We wants to know the SCORE comparisons among the three systems under PA rule (S17, DOA, DAS, split up to 3 hands) and 84% penetration(5D/6D). We can live with no Late Surrender. How does your AA78mTc with HL, AA78mTc+5m6c with HL compare to HO2+ASC?
    SCOREs will be provided all together for comparison after I run this last sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Bjanalyst, must be really excited "hard on" now.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Bjanalyst, must be really excited "hard on" now.
    Just goes to show you some of the incredible resources available on this site. Gronbog deserves commendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Thanks. You are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Please explain to me how he’s being an idiot, anD sarcastingly eccentric. I’ll def8nitely buy single minded focus with a weird system on the brain.

That doesn’t translate to an asshole or an idiot - in fact, a person doesn’t need to be an idiot to be an asshole - The Dipshit would match that criteria.

So, with only 14 more posts to 350, I would invite Gronbog to run sims on the regaled FBM ASC.
    How? When I took him to stop posting the same old ideas over and over again, he continues to do it. That is being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    How? When I took him to stop posting the same old ideas over and over again, he continues to do it. That is being an idiot.
    That’s being aggravating, not necessarily an idiot. Pay attention to some of my posts this afternoon, and maybe, just maybe therein lies the answer.

Besides, who the hell are you to judge him. You could be right, but then again.................

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "But it turns out that if a count has a higher average CC it does not necessarily mean that the sim results of that count will be higher."

No, really?? Shocker!!

Don
    The Donald, once again, is surprised by such revelation. "No Shit" would possibly make the point more succinct.

Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    I asked Gronbog to do one more simulation before posting results. Attached are some files I would like you to review.

Using AA78mTc with the first six I18 changes, insurance and hit/stand hard 12 v 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 improved HL about one half of the way to HO2 with ASC. The other six I18 did further improvement but only marginally and the 14 more additional changes also added additional improvement but again only marginally. The result was AA78mTc did improve HL to around one half of the improvement that HO2 with ASC would.

I based my original assumption that HL with AA78mTc would be close to the HO2 with ASC based on the I18 average CC of HL with AA78mTc being actually a bit higher than HO2 with ASC average CC (see the attached I18 file with HL and AA78mTc compared to HO2 with ASC). But it turns out that if a count has a higher average CC it does not necessarily mean that the sim results of that count will be higher.
    No shit.

So my goal is to concentrate on continuing to improve the CC of as many I18 situation as possible as adding additional improvements beyond the I18 has minimal effects and can be looked at another time after I get the bulk of the improvement done.
    Didn't you just commission a simulation via Gronbog that demonstrated that your CC idea is poorly correlated with expectation? And you still want to venture into CC land? What is the Einsteinian definition of Insanity again?

So what I asked Gronbog if he could do one more simulation by adding a second side count, 5m6c, to HL with AA78mTc. The reason I chose 5m6c is that if helps with hard 16 v T hit/stand decision (the most important decision after insurance), many other decisions and also helps with betting.

Gronbog did not use LS. So using EoR without NO LS (also included as an attached file) and DAS, S17, it turns out that HO - 2*(Adef) has a higher BC (Betting Correlation).

Betting Correlation (BC) for S17, DAS, no LS
    HO2 –2*(Adef) 98.45%
    HL +(1/3)*(5m6c) 97.38%
    HL 96.48%

By adding (1/3)*(5m6c) to HL to get brc = HL + (1/3)*(5m6c) the HL BC(Betting Correlation) is increased around 1% which puts it closer to HO2 – 2*(Adef) but is still1% below HO2 – 2*(Adef).

So adding 5m6c not only helps with hard 16 v T and many other I18 situations, it also helps with betting which is another reason that HO2 with ASC beat HL with AA78mTc as AA78mTc did not add anything to HL betting correlation.
    Adding another level of complexity to your already complex system?

Look, your system is getting to the point where using HOII w/ ASC is the simpler of the choices and still has the edge over your system! Period!

As an aside, one user asked me why my KO BC was 96.5% and his program had 97+%. I told him that I was using S17, DAS, LS and BC depend on the rules which change the EoR which is what BC is used against. When S17, DAS, no LS is used for KO the BC is over 97% which agrees with that that user showed me. His program must have used NO Late Surrender when calculating KO betting efficiency. The BC charts for S17, DAS, no LS (which is what Gronbog simulated) are included in the attached files.

So if Gronbog can do this last sim adding 5m6c to help with betting and for the five strategy changes I outlined in my attached files, I think you will see that finally HL with AA78mTc and 5m6c should approach HO2 with ASC - I am not going to say that HL with AA78mTc and 5m6c will surpass HO2 with ASC as I got burnt before saying that HL with AA78mTc would surpass HO2 with ASC. Note that I asked Gronbog to include hit/stand hard 16 v 7 and hard 16 v 8 in addition to the I18 changes when 5m6c is added to HL with AA78mTc. I asked to included these two extra changes, even though they are outside of the I18, because 5m6c helps a lot with these changes and theses hit/stand hard 16 v 7 and hard 16 v 8 does occur frequently.
    I can assure you that adding the 5v6 side count will not improve your system close to that of HOII!

Looking at Griffin in ToBJ, the table for gains in expectation for perfect play (n_cards = 20):

16 vs 7: 20/1000
    16 vs 8: 15/1000

Assuming you can perfectly play 16 vs 8 and 9 your gain in play is going to be minimal.

My recommendation(s):

1.) Stick to your preffered single-parameter system (High Low or KO)
    2.) If wanting to go higher level: HOII w/ASC && 7SC for 1D/2D games, Halves for 6/8 D games, and Zen with ASC for both pitch deck and multi-deck games.
    3.) If you still want to develop your own system: consider looking at ToBJ again (specifically the "average gains for varying basic strategy", and BJA's EoR tables) to develop a much more robust system than what you have right now. Use Tarzan's DHM system as an example of simple, yet complex. "Think Skinny" is what should come to mind. Keep in mind most of your gains from playing comes from:

Insurance
    12-6 vs T
    13 vs 2-6
    12 vs 2-6
    TT vs 4-6

Find a common "key card" for each play and you are on your way to making a system much more simpler that others are willing to buy into.

Also, try to clean up your math a little bit. Writing thing in coded symbols may be what mathematicians do, but many lay people are turned off from the verboisity. It also helps out us other math-types when reading your expressions. Especially when expressing Expectations!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post

Also, try to clean up your math a little bit. Writing thing in coded symbols may be what mathematicians do, but many lay people are turned off from the verboisity. It also helps out us other math-types when reading your expressions. Especially when expressing Expectations!
    A child could perform the math coding involved around the FBM ASC.
    Just 1 more to go.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    So what I asked Gronbog if he could do one more simulation by adding a second side count, 5m6c, to HL with AA78mTc. The reason I chose 5m6c is that if helps with hard 16 v T hit/stand decision (the most important decision after insurance), many other decisions and also helps with betting.
    6vT is only important because BS has it so very wrong for the counter. Every increased bet is played wrong. If you alter the play to always stand, then the deviation of hitting in negative counts isn't worth much, especially if you avoid the negative counts like you should be doing. In that case deviating from CBS and hitting is worth almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Besides, who the hell are you to judge him. You could be right, but then again.................
    I will tell you the same thing I say to other people. "BECAUSE I CAN!". I don't have to be given the authority to do it.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-21-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast