Thread: The best BJ rules

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The best BJ rules

Last night, after Thanksgiving dinner, everyone was invited to play poker, then BJ.

While I've played a little poker in the past, it's been many years. Despite that, I still won a whopping $10 (second place prize after deducting buy-in).

Then came BJ. Several knew I was a BJ player, so I was consulted on the rules and I suggested DD, S17, DAS, RSA, LS. Deal rotated around the table, like poker. When everyone said I'd be a ringer, I explained variance and that the N0 on the game was probably 10K hands. When deal got to me, the TC was +4 and two players got BJ. I went through my $10 in chips pretty quickly. I suspect I was playing with an insufficient BR :-)

You are still counting through a thanksgiving dinner? geez....... take a break man.

Once I was in the car with a teammate and he said to me, "plus 2." I asked him what he meant and he said that was the count of the license plate in front of us.

Moral of the story - if you've been doing this for a while, counting is part of simply seeing the cards. There's no extra effort involved. I was still chatting with everyone at the table.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    When deal got to me, the TC was +4 and two players got BJ.
    That was your fault, nothing wrong with reshuffling on the family. I hope you did pay them 6 to 5.

I went through my $10 in chips pretty quickly. I suspect I was playing with an insufficient BR :-)
    Lucky for you-you did not clean up in blackjack as you would most likely have had to clean up literally as in the dishes.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-23-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Bosox, lol!

Last night, after Thanksgiving dinner, everyone was invited to play poker, then BJ.

While I've played a little poker in the past, it's been many years. Despite that, I still won a whopping $10 (second place prize after deducting buy-in).

I went through my $10 in chips pretty quickly. I suspect I was playing with an insufficient BR :-)
    Didn’t you have a stop loss point?

Bosox, lol!
    Did you happen to get that 44 vs a 4 hand in the family holiday game? If the answer is yes now you know how it feels to be short stacked like your buddy Z.
    Ps: I added a line in my above quote.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-23-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Did you happen to get that 44 vs a 4 hand in the family holiday game? If the answer is yes now you know how it feels to be short stacked like your buddy Z.
    Ps: I added a line in my above quote.
    Uh oh, now you did it. The forum troll will come along and asked why he's being dragged into this thread.

But no, didn't get that hand. I did have the opportunity to use the old 17/mother-in-law hand joke, and when someone surrendered 12 v 7, I was tempted to ask if they were part Asian, but I refrained.
    Last edited by 21forme; 11-23-2018 at 02:43 PM. Reason: edited typo. Don no longer has proof it ever happened

"and when someone surrounded a 12 v 7,"

Did they all form a ring around the hand? :-)

Don

Don - Everyone was sitting around a roundish table, so yes.

P.S. before posting, I checked to make sure roundish is really a word, so you can't give me grief over it. :-)

How did you do counting the poker game?

The forum troll will come along and asked why he's being dragged into this thread.
    ask

asked is past tense

Gee, you too, now, Bosox? :-)