See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hit my annual goal a bit early

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Sharky - correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that sarcasm?
    Of course...was gonna add "LOL", but thought it was obvious

I only answered because I knew it was sarcasm. I figure he knows what I do but I just wanted to make sure others do as well. I calculate integer TC using a much faster and more accurate method than using math.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I calculate integer TC using a much faster and more accurate method than using math.
    Okay, tell us how you calculate TC for a double deck game.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Okay, tell us how you calculate TC for a double deck game.
    I only use so many deck estimates. I learn all the multiples of every deck estimate possible. Like my multiplication tables learned in high school I know the increments of measure are the integer multiples of each deck estimate. I see those increments in my head. Like if the deck estimate was 3/4 deck, I would see 3/4, 1.5, 2.25, 3. 3.75, 4.5, 5.25, 6, 6.75, 7.5 etc. If the RC is +13, I know the TC is 17 because the 17th increment is 12.75. If the RC is -13, I know the TC is -18 because 13.5 is the 18th increment.

You convert the multiples to increments in your visualization, 3/4(increment 1), 1.5(increment 2), 2.25(increment 3), 3(increment 4), 3.75(increment 5), 4.5(increment 6), 5.25(increment 7), 6(increment 8), 6.75(increment 9), 7.5(increment 10), etc. Most series that you would use as deck estimates you learned by wrote in elementary school. You need to learn a few more for BJ. I picked the trickiest one for DD play. For shoe games I use deck estimations .25, .5, .75, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. In a DD game I would simply use the lowest 6 deck estimate multiples. But unlike in shoe games I would probably not need .25 for DD. If I did I know it.

I’ll beat Don to the punch on this one.

Earlier in the thread, you were more interested in your “pole”, than the “poll”. You must have had something else on your mind.
    Then, you learned by “wrote”. Well, I guess that’s all she “rote”.

Don knows I never make typos

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I’ve often said that everyone’s brain is wired differently. Your brain apparently works as a collection of databases. Essentially, the databases consists of columns of data which include running counts, quarter deck estimations, betting units based on previous data. You then use a lookup function, likely more accurately described as an index match function, where the appropriate betting decision and play deviation are displayed by line item and 3xtracted by a combination of RC and decks remaining..

On that basis, who cares about true count Let me know how close I am.
    I don't know how my mind works. It is easy for me to memorise strings of data. Small bits are nearly impossible. They need to be linked. I used to be great at mental maths. I teased my upper classmen who had lost the ability to do simple maths in their head. I said I'd never lose that to the crutch of a calculator.. Heh. Now who's the one who can't divide for a TC in their head? Bah.

Here's what goes on upstairs. I keep the running count in my head. I look over and do a deck estimate and compare it to my aces. If they're uneven I convert the RC into the correct number, but not in English. I compare this number to my memorised chart and bet accordingly.

After I get my cards, if I think I might be at index, I adjust my RC if a multoparamater adjustment is applicable. I round to the nearest whole deck estimate and multiply that with the index. If needed, I also multiply the index by another nearby deck estimate in case I need to do some interpolation. I compare this number with my adjusted running count. I play my hand. Rinse and repeat.

I think I think in procedures or functions. I just follow the string.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bubbles; 10-03-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Whew, all the stuff you guys do. It probably scares the he'll out of newbies. If only my brain was young enough to learn all of it, my $40 per hour EV would likely double. As T3 would remind me, it would reduce variance and thus stress as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Whew, all the stuff you guys do. It probably scares the he'll out of newbies. If only my brain was young enough to learn all of it, my $40 per hour EV would likely double. As T3 would remind me, it would reduce variance and thus stress as well.
    Zee, your $40 per hour win is impressive. However, how do you go about determining the true count in a double deck game. Is it just some crude estimate or are you fairly exact in your determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I’ve often said that everyone’s brain is wired differently. Your brain apparently works as a collection of databases. Essentially, the databases consists of columns of data which include running counts, quarter deck estimations, betting units based on previous data. You then use a lookup function, likely more accurately described as an index match function, where the appropriate betting decision and play deviation are displayed by line item and 3xtracted by a combination of RC and decks remaining..

On that basis, who cares about true count Let me know how close I am.
    +2

Zee, your $40 per hour win is impressive. However, how do you go about determining the true count in a double deck game. Is it just some crude estimate or are you fairly exact in your determination.
    Its relatively easy in a DD game. Its am estimate, of course. After first hand or $25, if the RC is +2 or below, the bet is the same if its Rc3, I up my bet to $50 and then go on. RC divided by decks left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Its relatively easy in a DD game. Its am estimate, of course. After first hand or $25, if the RC is +2 or below, the bet is the same if its Rc3, I up my bet to $50 and then go on. RC divided by decks left to play.
    Thanks Zee for your honesty. I have played so much DD that depending on how far I'm into the deck I pretty much know what size bet I'm going to make especially at a full table where there will be 3 rounds and then a shuffle.

There is one thing I noticed that sure seems to happen a lot. However, I don't have any proof to back it up. When the count is rising and I'm ready to put that big bet out so many times I get one more little card and the dealer gets the 20. I hit my stiff hand and break. Now on the next hand when the count is starting to fall it seems like I get the good hand and the dealer gets a small card and breaks. I actually like to put my biggest bet out the the count is starting to come down. It isn't always possible especially if there won't be another hand.

Thanks Zee for your honesty. I have played so much DD that depending on how far I'm into the deck I pretty much know what size bet I'm going to make especially at a full table where there will be 3 rounds and then a shuffle.

There is one thing I noticed that sure seems to happen a lot. However, I don't have any proof to back it up. When the count is rising and I'm ready to put that big bet out so many times I get one more little card and the dealer gets the 20. I hit my stiff hand and break. Now on the next hand when the count is starting to fall it seems like I get the good hand and the dealer gets a small card and breaks. I actually like to put my biggest bet out the the count is starting to come down. It isn't always possible especially if there won't be another hand.
    You will be accused of voodoo thinking but I do something similar. At T C 4, I put out $125 (not my max bet). If I win, I add one single chip (very slowly and obviously), win again, I add one more chip (reaching $175, my max bet). Usually, my max bet is my second or third one in a DD game. Thus, my max bet may end up being at TC2 or TC3 but it's deeper in the shoe.

especially at a full table where there will be 3 rounds and then a shuffle.
    Does anyone see anything wrong here?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast