See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Stricker, The Gentleman of Blackjack

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Ralph Stricker, The Gentleman of Blackjack

Normally, I won’t repeat something read on another forum (bj21 in this case) and I haven’t received verification. But, apparently Ralph, the Silver Fox, is no longer with us. He earned the title of gentleman, because no one ever saw him take the negative road. I wish I could say the same about myself. Funny thing – back in the pre-web days, we had a phone conversation where he said that wasn’t the way he was at all in person. He was passionate and vocal about his beliefs in person. He just controlled himself in public. In those early days, he understood the value of keeping his passions in check. Shows that he was a better man than I.

I only physically met him once. It was in Atlantic City. But, he could no longer play. The wonders of medical science allowed him a couple decades after diagnosis of emphysema. But, even the mini-O2 tank wouldn’t allow him to play the game he loved in the smoke-impregnated carpets of A.C.

He lived in North Brunswick, NJ. It’s a pleasant area, but far from the gaming establishments. I asked him once why he didn’t move to a climate more amenable to his condition (drier), and that might allow him to stay “in the game.” He said it was because he wanted to be close to family.

I shall miss him.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It is sad to see these Legends Of The Game pass on. I am surprised there was not more dome for MP on BJ21, a memorial on the page, something.

Oh well.

Ouchez

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

For many many years I have been employing Stricker's "Silver Fox" strategy with tremendous success.... Norm, I have a question for you; would the ill18 be compatible for use with the Silver Fox strategy?

Wow, ghosts of BJTF past :-)

Blog Entries

The numbers or the choice of indices? I think Ralph's numbers are in all CV products.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    For many many years I have been employing Stricker's "Silver Fox" strategy with tremendous success.... Norm, I have a question for you; would the ill18 be compatible for use with the Silver Fox strategy?
    Totally. Counting the 7 as +1 and the 9 as -1 do very little to change the Hi-Lo indices or the importance of the I18 and their ranking for Silver Fox.

Don

I have Ralph's book Silver Fox System Norm, which has the index #'s in it. But I was wondering if the Ill 18, which is much easier to remember, would work on the Fox system as it does on Hi-Lo?....Thanks for your reply.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    I have Ralph's book Silver Fox System Norm, which has the index #'s in it. But I was wondering if the Ill 18, which is much easier to remember, would work on the Fox system as it does on Hi-Lo?....Thanks for your reply.....
    Off the top of my head, the tag values are the same as hi lo, except 7&9 which cancel out. More out of curiosity, I would think the hi lo indices would work for silver fox. Anyone actually have the silver fix indices, and if so, what are they?

Blog Entries

The HiLo indices in Pro BJ aren't perfect for HiLo or Silver Fox. But, they'll work.

Thank you Don. Really appreciate your input on this....Ronster

Hi norm

I bought ur program cvcx, could you tell me where i can find 8d surrender H17 index plz

Thx

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast