Nothing is more depressing than ending a blackjack trip on a down note. I was having a pretty good blackjack trip and noticed I had only about an hour left to play. I considered leaving early with a nice win, but wanted to reach my goal which was only about another $60 away to achieve. I decided to cut back on my spread an play a conservative game. I did this for about 15 minutes and then said to myself they are just going to grind me down this way. So when the opportunity came along for some larger bets I took them. No huge bets, but even a mid size bet becomes large when splits and doubles come along and you lose all of them.

So that little $60 win I needed to achieve my goal suddenly became several hundred dollars. Damn, its very depressing. I almost would rather have a loss with a nice come back than blowing a nice win. However, the trip was still good and no regrets. It actually turned out to be my 4th best trip of the year and was enough to wipe out my last two back to back losing trips. The trip put me at a new year to date high, but not by much, only $17.

Freightman, better get on the ball. I now have 160 hours of blackjack play in for the year.