Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
Everything seems like a lot of work until you get used to it.You are born as lump that can't even crawl. crawling is a lot of work until you get used to it. Then it becomes second nature. Learning to stand is hard until you get used to the skills needed to keep your balance. Then walking, running, riding a bike, riding a skateboard, skiing, driving a car, and even flying a plane. Each step along the way seems hard when you are thinking about learning it or learn it, but becomes second nature with enough practice. You are at the toddler stage (the second stage) and looking for excuses not to become proficient at any other mode of transportation. That is fine but don't act like because learning something is hard it will always be hard to do. Life repeatedly teaches us different. The question is can you learn something and if you can how long will it take to become second nature. I use different really hard counts to master for different games. Much harder than traditional counts you will find information about. But they are all automatic now. I don't even think about counting and can easily keep up with every dealer. A glance at the table is all I need to get the count and everything in my region worth playing are shoe games. My point is your comment is from a perspective of someone that never tried to master more than the simplest of tasks. Those that have mastered more difficult tasks have differing opinions.
T3, this is silly. I can practice all I want but I am not going to play basketball like LeBron James or make it to the NBA. People like Tarzan or you may have gotten there but stop telling people that they too can do it.

Age, physical ability (if basketball) or mental aptitude and ability are important factors. Not everyone can become what a superstar is. People have to be honest in their assessment of what they are capable off and stay within their limits. Encouraging newbies and young people to this profession is like a Kobe or LeBron encouraging people to put more into basketball cause they too can make a living playing pro-ball and that screws up a whole lot of folks.