I don’t wong in, but I do wong out at TC-3 (hi-lo). Recently I was at a table (6 deck) with a dealer that I liked (good penetration), but early in the shoe I wonged out (only 2 decks in discard tray). I walked around looking for shoes about to start but to no avail. So then it hit me: wait it out and come back to the same table at about the time for a new shoe to start (and hope the same dealer would still be there).

My question: in the future (with a good dealer) instead of officially leaving should I request him/her to reserve my spot by feigning a bathroom break (and leave some chips to secure my place)… then timing it to come back to a new shoe? Or, is this too long, and becomes a “heat sink”?

Note: the approximate time per shoe (4.5/6) is about 12 mins, so (in my case) with only 2 decks in discard tray leaving 2.5 decks yet to be played of the 4.5 decks = 55% of shoe yet to be played = 0.55 * 12 min = 6.7 mins of reserving my spot. This, in reality, is a long bathroom break (or perhaps it was severe intestinal distress??). Probably not a good move if “the house is a rockin”.