See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Heads up sim *READ*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Heads up sim *READ*

So by looking at the archived sims on CVCX. I'm still puzzled why 2 hands at negative counts makes the N0 4 thousands rounds less than if I just play 1 hand in negative counts and then spread to 2 hands at TC +1? I understand the concept of 'card eating' but that would only be beneficial if you use a lower bet size than your 1 hand bet, otherwise it makes no sense, but on CVCX for example I put in the following and get a N0 of 19,723 rounds and a win rate of $124.47 playing at 180 rounds an hour with Halves Full Indices H17, DAS, LS and 1.5 cut on 6 decks.

TC -1 = 2x10
    TC 0 = 2x10
    TC 1 = 2x25
    TC 2 = 2x50
    TC 3 = 2x100
    TC 4 = 2x150
    TC 5 = 2x200

But if instead I use the following values and spread to 2 hands at +1 instead of at -1 and 0, I get a much smaller win rate at $99.41 and a N0 at 23,021. Again this is using 180 rounds an hour.

TC -1 = 1x10
    TC 0 = 1x10
    TC 1 = 2x25
    TC 2 = 2x50
    TC 3 = 2x100
    TC 4 = 2x150
    TC 5 = 2x200

Again, I understand the concept of card eating at negative counts to get to positive counts quicker, but it was always my understanding that playing 2 hands in negative counts would only be beneficial if your unit size was smaller on both of your hands compared to your one hand bet. In both situations Im using the same bet size but just adding a hand or taking away a hand. How is the 2 hand approach with 2x10 in negative counts result in $25 an hour more and 4k less rounds in N0 compared to the 1x10 approach?

Can someone clarify or sim this for me please and tell me if my results are correct? I want to start playing more heads up, but need some clarification. I dont care about heat. Please dont mention this and that and how it might not be beneficial long term cause of heat etc. I just want the mathematically correct answer and highest EV and lowest N0.
    Last edited by KingZen; 07-15-2018 at 01:07 PM.