Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
Don't wear a hoodie, shorts, and a hat that says "YOLO" or some sh** on it. Wear some decent clothes (not necessarily "dressed up"), a watch that isn't cheesy looking, and be more confident (don't meagerly approach the table kind of thing).
Just want to mention that different getups work for different people. (You know that, obviously, but just for other people/lurkers reading, in case they will benefit). For myself, for example, I've found the less professional/decent looking the better for my cover. Of course, I don't have the issue of looking too young, so it's really a different problem being solved. Just a tourist who doesn't care how he looks cause he's there to see the town and gamble a bit, no one to "look good" for. Anyway, my only caution here is that sometimes looking well-put-together can make you look like a better player (at least, the times I've been backed off have been times I've been better dressed).

I actually really like the wristband idea as well as show the dealer (or even the PC) your ID when you sit down, since you know you look young and "they'll ask for it anyway". That way they'll have less good reason to ask for it when they're concerned about your play. You probably still will get carded at the cage if you're cashing for any medium to large amount, so make sure to keep those reasonably sized and hit different shifts.

Curious if anyone has experienced a different likelihood of getting carded at the cashier based on if there is a line to cash out (i.e. trying to move things along quickly)? If so, might also make sense to hang in the area (watch some craps or roulette) and hoping a queue forms at some point and hopping in it.