I play a deeply dealt (minimum 70%, usually 75%+) DD game with bad rules (double 9-11, Das 9-11 too, no soft doubling unless A,8, H-17, no S) and have had limited success over the years. There is no heat if your spread is 1-6 and max bet is under $200 and you keep your winning under $2k.
Almost always it's heads up or with one ploppy.

Now I have won there. However I am in a bad streak. I usually leave after winning $1k but when I am losing, often I hang around. Sometimes I have played as much as 5 hours straight and got to the positive side but my last 2 trips, I went in a hole early and ended up playing 4-5 hours, losing $3-4k each time.

Given the almost no heat, it's tough to leave the game when behind. I usually take $3-4k to the $25 min. Game. It's probably just variance but I am wondering if I should place a loss limit on my sessions.

My won/loss record shows a $6k loss in my first year of playing there, about even the second year, up $5 the third year and was up $4k this year through May, the last couple of sessions has brought it into the red.