Thread: Unbalanced Zen Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unbalanced Zen Question

I have index departures for UBZII 6 Deck, and my IRC is 0 ! I will be visiting a store in the near future that offers 2 Deck. Can I use the same indices for both games? What is the IRC for Double Deck? I'm thinking that it is -4 ! Is this correct ?

your starting count would be -8. Then you just continue normally with blackjack and counting until your count gets above zero. Ok -8 irc 2 Deck
    Last edited by bebe; 06-26-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Tthree what I would like to know is how does true count ubz stack up against other counts. Brett Harris said and unbalanced true count is better then its balance count form.
    True count ko is the powerfulest level one. What can be done with ubz true counted.
    Guess we need Brett to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke8 View Post
    I have index departures for UBZII 6 Deck, and my IRC is 0 ! I will be visiting a store in the near future that offers 2 Deck. Can I use the same indices for both games? What is the IRC for Double Deck? I'm thinking that it is -4 ! Is this correct ?
    Here is the short answer. IRC for 6D is -24; IRC for 2D is -8.

Here is the long answer.
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=6996

6D is -24 SC
    2D is -8 SC
    The booklet gives you more insight.

I think John Auston did some work in this area and concluded that it wasn't worth the extra effort. My thought on the matter was someone should simply use Snyder's Zen.

You cannot use the same indices! You have to run a sim with CVData!

That's not what I said so I'll make it more clear. Rather than turning the UBZ2 into a TC system, simply use Snyder's Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    Rather than turning the UBZ2 into a TC system, simply use Snyder's Zen.
    OK found out true counted ubz is a little better then balanced zen
    here is a article clip from Mr harris

However, if the true count system is used, then it does not matter. A true count unbalanced system has all the power and accuracy as a true count balanced system. Indeed if it is possible to construct a better system which is unbalanced, then it will do better. The best level-1 true count system is not Hi-Lo, but true-K-O. The best level-2+ system is not Wong Halves, or True-SS for that matter, but Brh-I. True-UBZ11, is a little better than Zen.. the list goes on.
    Cheers, Brh.

For what it's worth, I began my counting game with KO, eventually moved up to a level II system, original Zen, whole deck estimation. Finally switched to HI-Opt II,w/side count A. I play both DD and 6 deckers. It has been an excellent decision for me. In either case what is most important is that a Player must be willing to work hard and take no shortcuts, and never wonder or think about what should have been. It's been said many times, trust the system that you feel most confortable with and execute it to your utmost capacity. I should also say to any reader, Game Selection is far more important than trying to decide what count system to employ!

This is another post by the op.
    I think Mr Tthree is correct this person needs to learn his many counts better.

If Already using HI OPT 11 W Ace Side count he should know adding a 7 side count to DD is the most
    powerful system of the 3.

Mr Smoke may be just blowing smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    For what it's worth, I began my counting game with KO, eventually moved up to a level II system, original Zen, whole deck estimation. Finally switched to HI-Opt II,w/side count A. I play both DD and 6 deckers. It has been an excellent decision for me. In either case what is most important is that a Player must be willing to work hard and take no shortcuts, and never wonder or think about what should have been. It's been said many times, trust the system that you feel most confortable with and execute it to your utmost capacity. I should also say to any reader, Game Selection is far more important than trying to decide what count system to employ!

This is another post by the op.
    I think Mr Tthree is correct this person needs to learn his many counts better.

If Already using HI OPT 11 W Ace Side count he should know adding a 7 side count to DD is the most
    powerful system of the 3.

Mr Smoke may be just blowing smoke.
    White Rabbit - For the record...I was asked the question that I posted. I don't have any information on the UNBZII System and simply offered to post the question on a BJ Site where I might recieve the answer he was looking for. Generall Ap's such as tthree, bigplayer, KJ, and other's whom I have a great deal of respect for, offer very good, sound advice. This gentleman doesn't own a PC at this time so I felt someone here could help with the question.
    I strongly suggested that he consider Hi-Opt II as an option. He felt it was to difficult. Yes, I am quite aware of the strength gained to the Hi-Opt II, with the addition of side counting 7's. I am still working through the memorization. My recomendation to the OP, whom approached me, will be for him to purchase George C's. book. I should have gone their first. No I'm not blowing smoke, Hi-Opt II, in my opinion, is the strongest system, by far!