See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doubling 10 vs 10

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    To paraphrase Flash's nice, but bloated THC induced post - 10v10 is an ace sensitive play with hi lo halves strike point at tc 4, for EV maximizing, and tc 7 for risk averse. Flash has inferred a slight accuracy imprivement with halves. I definitely require an ace surplus on less than plus 7, but will relax on higher true counts (anything can happen).This is one area where an ace Side Count in an ace reckoned count us quite useful.Though not stated, Flash will agree that no other index builds EV faster than 10v10. It is a dangerous, but highly profitable. play.
    I would probably surmise that the reason this is one of the top RA plays, is because your edge(vs hitting) doesnt change much as the count increases, unlike 10 vs A where it does increase substanially as the count increases.. Ths is because if dealers increaseg chance of having a Ten in the hole..Its definitely a ballsy play with a max bet on the line..That being said, i would probably double at the EV Max index with an Xtra Ace in the deck..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    I would probably surmise that the reason this is one of the top RA plays, is because your edge(vs hitting) doesnt change much as the count increases, unlike 10 vs A where it does increase substanially as the count increases.. Ths is because if dealers increaseg chance of having a Ten in the hole..Its definitely a ballsy play with a max bet on the line..That being said, i would probably double at the EV Max index with an Xtra Ace in the deck..
    Essentially, yes. just consider the various possibilities of where you win lose or tie - and the beauty of those surplus aces.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123