See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Problem in counting 2 and 7

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    See, this shows you don't understand it. It all depends on the rules of the game but from Don's extensive analysis summarized on p522 of BJA3 shows that I was a hair off for the games I play (1.1:1 for S17 games, I don't play H17 games). And with LS rule added to S17 the ratio becomes 1.0:1. I am not sure why so many other respected sources have different values when they should all be the same. I know Griffin's are for rules of yore that are rarely seen anymore. But the rest of the ones that agree with my original position I can't resolve why.
    Three, your post shows that I understood this concept from the beginning. Read my first post where I asked my question. I said I had read somewhere that an ace was more valuable than a 10 but I didn't want to spend the time researching it. You then replied by confirming what I had read or intuitively thought. Don then responded by saying you were wrong and said I was incorrectly counting aces twice. I tried to make it clear I was only betting slightly more since I thought l had more of an advantage than my count indicated. Everybody knows counts are an approximation and all cards don't have the same value even though hi lo gives them the same value. I pointed this out with an example everybody understands, the 2 and 5 both being counted as +1 even though the 5 is much more valuable than the 2.

Since I asked my question, I've spent more time researching this topic by rereading sections of Blackbelt in Blackjack and bja3. After reading both these books, I see my original assumption was correct for the game I play.

I have said repeadily that that I know this doesn't get me much. I know there are other things that will add more value to my game. You don't need to point this out to me. Your first responce to my question was perfect and answered my question. I think it was Don's follow up responce that had me questioning who was right for the game I was playing. And this is why this thread has continued on, to where Don called it stupid.

With all this said, I have learned quite a bit from this thread and your comments were helpful. I've come to expect insults when I ask a question so they don't bother me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

There is no "difference in outcome" as you put it unless the 2 OR the 7 are somehow the only low cards being counted.

You are clearly confused.

The count you use will tell you nothing about how to play the hand in question any differently if 2's and 7's are or are not counted.

You can use Hi-Opt I where neither rank is counted for that matter. Overall, both of these ranks contribute almost nothing
    re: bet-sizing

and it would take a completely anomalous configuration of remaining cards to play where it could make any difference in your play of (any) particular hand.

The E.O.R. of minor cards like 2's, 7's and 8's are of only very little value compared to the 3,4,5,6

Garbage in. Garbage out. Run your sims. SCORE

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    Garbage in. Garbage out. Run your sims. SCORE
    Yeah. tater is moses hiding as a potato.

Yeah. tater is moses hiding as a potato.
    Seems to me you've got bigger fish to fry. Like how you've used the forum to obtain personal information and then share it with others? In short. Stop being a dickhead. It's not working for you anymore.

kelg21 [A K A moses] is back to his character assassinations.

He knows perfectly well that his statement above is a LIE.

Norm, are you there?

No Lies: I've read your emails with my own eyes. Freightman confirmed in another post these emails go out to your entire brigade. No character assassinations. There are witnesses. You screwed the pooch this time. When will ever ever learn to shut your arrogant pie hole? BTW. I'm not a "he" dip stick.

Yes. I hope Norm is there. I doubt he's going to be happy "with you." Downloaded all those files before you could delete too. You dug this hole yourself. Seriously, running to Norm to bail you out is nonsense. Grow up for crissake.

If you are so sure about Moses, why not email him or have one of your cronies call him?

Put down the wacky weed and step away slowly. SLOWLY.
    Last edited by kelg21; 05-12-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Banned or Suspended

kelg21 [A K A moses] is back to his character assassinations.

He knows perfectly well that his statement above is a LIE.

Norm, are you there?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567