So I've identified a fellow AP who seemingly has a rudimentary grasp of counting but lacks the knowledge of the finer details. I say this because he'll play perfect BS but when the count gets decently good 1/2 to 3/4 through the shoe he'll jump from 1 minimum bet of $15 to the whole table of 7 boxes with $200 in each ($1400). This obviously nukes the count within a round or two, the dealer tends to mop up the low cards after the high card slog (rarely busts) and covariance with that many boxes neuters most of the advantage gleaned through ramping that he had anyway. Obviously when playing with him (it was just the two of us at the table) it meant that I couldn't capitalise on good counts that much because I'd only get 2, maybe 3 rounds in before they disappear again.

I came close to just outright saying that if you want to spread big and be within the table limit ($500) that you're better off going to 3 boxes max instead. But it's his money and I have no right to dictate to him.

So my question is; what would be the best way to approach this situation? It cost me quite a few advantageous rounds and although I managed to walk away with a profit that was about on par with my EV p/hr, I got the feeling that this crazy spreading of his probably cost me quite a bit of profit..