See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Made one mistake, your lose the advantage, is that true?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    So as a counter How much edge are you aiming for when planning on attacking a game? Do you guys have a mimimum percentage like 1.0 or 1.6?
    Or just simply as high as possible just to squeeze the crap out of the actual game?
    I hope my question does make sense to Yous.

Cheers

Right now with my deviations I would like to say Im at around 70-200% per deck and I have been as high as 500 with 3 bankroll set up. Believe dont believe but what if you did believe and I was able to give you and new way to see the game....You have a deck handy..2-4 deck...chips. Can you follow my rules to the tee and only post results with no cheating shuffling as the dealer does.

Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Bella View Post
    According to Professional BJ, a game with 83% penetration, s17, no DAS, no RSA, no surrender, $10-$100 bet spread with the Hi-Lo count, basic strategy only(no deviation index), provides a win rate of $12 per hour.

I always see people say card counting has a very thin edge, if you make one mistake, you lost your advantage over the house. I wonder if that's true, or just an encouraging talk to make APs practice harder?
    Is making mistakes that horrible, or just moderately hurt the profit?
    For some games it is true. Some games when you play perfectly you will win 51% of the time but when you make a mistake that 51% would drop to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by angle_sh00ter View Post
    Do u know what the house edge is for insuring two 10s? In a single deck game heads up it's above 15% or in other words close to 50x the EV differential for some basic strategy hit/stand decisions.

Routinely taking insurance incorrectly doesn't represent good bang for buck. Your EV will go much further with other cover plays.
    makes sense but per occurence it is not that costly . You may not need to do it doing it all time ,anyway i play 6d or Dd . it certainly wont kill me . Don't forget the wong outs you can use .i have been profitable for over 3000 hours so i don't think i got it wrong . Also being able to play is just as important if the cover justify , the "IF" is really important .

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    you absolutely do NOT lose your advantage with just one mistake. Assuming you are referring to an entire session.

Three on post #8 is on the money in his answer.

it's not debatable.
    I'm referring to an entire shoe. if the RC is off by 2 for every shoe, and all playing/betting decisions are on par with the wrongly perceived RC/TC, does the advantage evaporate in general?

Bubbles is a woman, not a man

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    in the situation you describe, this would most definitely adversely effect your advantage significantly. how much is a very difficult question to answer, to calculate.

I don't quite understand how you could make the same mistake for every shoe; unless you are using a complex count and you did not assign the correct numerical value to certain cards.

if you have made this mistake for a long period of time it is safe to assume that your earnings or lack of earnings are affected by it and that your results are not representative of what they would be had you not made this mistake for every shoe.
    I'm thinking about how well should the spotter be trained.
    If a spotter counts the running count off by two, and signal me it's +8(well the count is actually +6), do I still have an edge to play through the shoe?
    I imagine if the TC drops to +1 quickly, and hovers around TC 1, I would constantly overbet a little, and make the wrong index plays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123