See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting With More Than One Handle

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Posting With More Than One Handle

Are you allowed to post with more than one handle on this site? I know on BJ21 it is allowed. I'm not sure about Norm's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Are you allowed to post with more than one handle on this site? I know on BJ21 it is allowed. I'm not sure about Norm's site.
    BJ 21 old software (don't know about the new) was easy to use multiple handles under 1 account. Here, I think you actually have to set up a new account, I.e., an alias can't be set up under an existing account.

I can easily visualize individuals setting up multiple IP's with side by side computers - 1 handle asking the question, the other giving the God given response.

Interestingly enough, the scenario is quite conceivable given the large number of new handles proclaiming newbiness, yet seeming to have an unusual depth of .....fundamentals. Let your imagination conceive the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    BJ 21 old software (don't know about the new) was easy to use multiple handles under 1 account. Here, I think you actually have to set up a new account, I.e., an alias can't be set up under an existing account.
    Here is a warning to those who are thinking of using more than one handle over at BJ21. Their shit software lets you use more than one handle. No problem here. You can actually set up quite a few different user names. The problem comes in if you have anything but the default avatar. Your avatar will show up under all your user names so you can easily be identified.

Here is a warning to those who are thinking of using more than one handle over at BJ21. Their shit software lets you use more than one handle. No problem here. You can actually set up quite a few different user names. The problem comes in if you have anything but the default avatar. Your avatar will show up under all your user names so you can easily be identified.
    So, if another handle shows up with some little kid pissing into a cactus tree - is that you MWP?

Blog Entries

Only one account per person is allowed. The only exception is when a person is well known by two names in the community.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Only one account per person is allowed. The only exception is when a person is well known by two names in the community.
    Norm, I'm sure you could easily find duplicate accounts under 1 IP. It would be tougher with the guy using 2. I might try an experiment, but not today - just got home, and still have the boys poker game later.

I have my IPad that I use for this. I'll set up my wife's IPad with a Mrs. Freightman designation. Then, Mrs. Freightman can ask the question, and Freightman can answer. Don't know if my wife has a seperate IP account. However, where I do have computer access elsewhere, I can easily set something up.

Regardless of what's allowed, it's very possible.

Blog Entries

It's also possible to shoot people. Against the rules though.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

So, if another handle shows up with some little kid pissing into a cactus tree - is that you MWP?
    I learned the hard way over at BJ21. If you see some little kid pissing into a cactus tree at BJ21 it is not me. I only use the default avatar over there.

So you can talk to your sock?

I can easily visualize individuals setting up multiple IP's with side by side computers - 1 handle asking the question, the other giving the God given response.

Interestingly enough, the scenario is quite conceivable given the large number of new handles proclaiming newbiness, yet seeming to have an unusual depth of .....fundamentals. Let your imagination conceive the rest.
    Frieghtman, even if someone would do that, what would it accomplish? I read each post and evaluate it on its own merits. If someone would go to the trouble to ask a question with one handle and then answer his/her own question with another handle and the question and answer were good, I wouldn't care. Again, I don't know why someone would go this trouble, but if they did, it wouldn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    Frieghtman, even if someone would do that, what would it accomplish? I read each post and evaluate it on its own merits. If someone would go to the trouble to ask a question with one handle and then answer his/her own question with another handle and the question and answer were good, I wouldn't care. Again, I don't know why someone would go this trouble, but if they did, it wouldn't bother me.
    They're some real oddballs around, so I wouldn't be to quick to discount. As for me, I don't want to waste my time feeding a compulsive, regardless of the question quality, when all it is meant to do is stroke an ego and justify a position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    It would be a huge waste of time and stupid to do this. If you have something to say just start a thread and say it. Why in the world would you need to be answering a question to say something worth listening to. Sometimes I wonder if these ridiculous notions are attempts at humor. The idea that someone would do this is pretty comical.

Three scenarios I could see why someone would do this off the top of my head. But as Norm said it’s against the rules.

1. If you don’t want your identity to be known when making a post. Although you can still use the “Hidden Member” feature for that.

2. If you’re selling something or offering classes. You set up a dummy account and ask questions “Where can I get X software” or “Anyone know of a way I can learn Y”. Then the guy selling the stuff responds and says “Yeah you can buy my software, take my classes, etc.”

3. To give yourself praise and/or to vouch for yourself so that others may look up to you, want to meet and/or work with you, give/sell you information, etc. etc.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast