Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the black

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

In the black

Hit a nice royal yesterday, throwing away a flush to hit a royal flush. Coupled with a very strong January betting college basketball, and some other bonus opportunities, I am now in the black for the first time in 2013.
    YTD totals: Blackjack -$11,055. Non-Blackjack +11,070. Net +$15.

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Tthree,
    Why do you not do college football? (or do you?)

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Hit a nice royal yesterday, throwing away a flush to hit a royal flush. Coupled with a very strong January betting college basketball, and some other bonus opportunities, I am now in the black for the first time in 2013.
    KJ,

Nice move, and I am sure the right one.

Ouchez

Banned or Suspended

Congrats, KJ! Can I get that $16 you owe me?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    If break-even for football is 52% winners, what is break-even for basketball?

Same thing. In both sports you have to overcome the 10% vig.
    How anyone didn't make money on this past SB is beyond me. I did make a good deal of it on the last play from scrimmage of the game, A $25 prop bet on a safety with a MP coupon, but the Ravens and the over seemed like a lock and everyone I know bet it big.
    Not sure where the 49er money was coming from but their fans were few and far between at the BGP I attended.
    Let me die in my sleep like my Grandfather.
    Not screaming in agony like his passengers.

KJ, Nice comeback. Sounds like VP has been good to you. The ROYAL is one of the great thrills out there!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Way to go KJ. I know some very good handicappers at college Bball. It is not my thing but it might be easier than the NFL. It takes a lot of work to do your own handicapping at the college level in basketball but if you are good at it you can pick over 70%.
    Yeah, I mostly cheat, Tthree. I take the average of two different power ratings and adjust for home court and then bet any line that is off by 6 or more points, that I can't see a reason for, like a major injury. I am not delusional enough to think this is a long term winning strategy, but I have just been real hot since the first of the year. Sadly, this is what I do for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by First Normal Form View Post
    Sure thing, FNF. Payment is in the mail, sent in the form of matchplay coupons. Hope you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    KJ, how much were your basketball winnings?
    How frequently do you bet?
    96 wagers since the first of year. 2 levels of wagers, $110 & $220. I am 38-26 in the games that I wagered $110, and an astonishing 25-4 in the games that I wagered $220. That second tier of wagers is obviously where the bulk of my winnings has ocurred.

Quote Originally Posted by First Normal Form View Post
    So much for being in the black.

KJ, my condolences on your nasty BJ loss (I read about it in the other thread) and congrats on your basketball winnings. My swings can't compare to yours but I empathize with you none the less.
    Last edited by AP2win; 02-08-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    How anyone didn't make money on this past SB is beyond me. I did make a good deal of it on the last play from scrimmage of the game
    The tourists won on the Safety Bet. The sharp sports guys have been betting the no-safety and no-overtime bets and laying big money annually for years and winning every year with an absolutely massive edge. They get away with it because all of those folks from out of town will not lay big money for a small payoff no matter how big of an edge they might have.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    How anyone didn't make money on this past SB is beyond me. I did make a good deal of it on the last play from scrimmage of the game, A $25 prop bet on a safety with a MP coupon, but the Ravens and the over seemed like a lock and everyone I know bet it big.
    Not sure where the 49er money was coming from but their fans were few and far between at the BGP I attended.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013...in-super-bowl/

...The approximately 184 sports books throughout Nevada made enough money on Super Bowl XLVII to at least pay their electrical bills...

The prop bets were no help to MGM or several other books. San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the most bet-on player in Super Bowl history, went over both his passing and rushing yards props by 70 and 12, respectively.

What hurt the worst was the Ravens intentional safety at the end of the game and Jacoby Jones 108-yard kickoff return to start the third quarter. Bettors pile on the “yes” for whether there will be a safety, which most sports books offer at +800, and defensive or special teams touchdown, available at +200, every year...

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast