See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone knows about Three Card Poker?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I actually posted, some time back, details of ploppy rebellion occurring during my finest hour of screwing with the sacred flow. Wow, talk about ploppy reaction. It was hilarious. It occurred during a quick 5 hour hit and run at double deck.
    It brought back memories. Here is the post in question - screwing with the card flow - butchi g started when I spread to 2.

Okay, DD no hole card game. Bonehead to my left is betting more than me is losing. Dumbo to my right is betting even bigger and he's losing. Deck starts heating up, we are all winning. I split to 2 hands, and the bonehead says what the hell are you doing. I comment that I don't recall having told him how to play his hand. He's pissed.

I leave the table for a quick whiz. Get back, bonehead and dumbo have recruited dickhead to crowd my right side, not allowing me to spread to 2, leaving 1 share open between dickhead and dumbo. The innocent bystander plops down to my left. Im playing this ridiculous scenario making a comment or 2 to the conspiring conspirators. Critter comes to the table, bonehead is begging for another table, dumbo is joining the frenzy, both accusing me of their losses. Through a series of curcumstances, I know what everyone has, which is pretty much shit, note the monstrous TC, regale the conspiracy as requested, and with my turn to play, perfect timing for the critter standing there, not having done this in years, or possibly ever, split 10's v dealer 6. Bonehead and dumbo go nuts, dick head is having apoplexy, and I turn to bonehead stating, don't even think of telling me how to play the hand.

Well, there's only 1 winner at this hand, and that's me. I reimburse the innocent bystander (making a point), and other than the innocent guy, the table is empty and a new one is being set up. Didnt see much harm, it was a quick hit and run 5 hour session, or was it 7, big spread on a DD game. Left comfortably up with no repercussions.

Freights I know exactly what youre talking about - its so crazy.
    Its like this inexplicable phenomenon - like how kids from all over the country know the same playground songs in their school. Is there some kind of ploppy meeting or mailing circular that disseminates all this nonsense - its crazy how pervasive and ubiquitous it is - I saw it a little when I was playing but I went at a time when it was pretty slow.
    Splitting tens is the big one - its so weird to see how universal the reaction is - Ive never played blackjack without knowing about counting so I guess I never got invited to the meetings where everyone promised to act like a superstitious dunce for all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    Freights I know exactly what youre talking about - its so crazy.
    Its like this inexplicable phenomenon - like how kids from all over the country know the same playground songs in their school. Is there some kind of ploppy meeting or mailing circular that disseminates all this nonsense - its crazy how pervasive and ubiquitous it is - I saw it a little when I was playing but I went at a time when it was pretty slow.
    Splitting tens is the big one - its so weird to see how universal the reaction is - Ive never played blackjack without knowing about counting so I guess I never got invited to the meetings where everyone promised to act like a superstitious dunce for all time.
    I don't care if the ploppy beside me plays badly, and I will often comment, after a tortuous wait while the ploppy is trying to make a decision - I don't care what you do, I just wish you would do it quickly.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    There are others at the table?

Who cares what the ploppies say.
    I certainly don’t want anyone bringing any more attention to my 7 high raises and Ace folds.

To the OP, another option is to explore blackjack variants. There are a few with a very low HE, are countable, and attract way less heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    note the monstrous TC, regale the conspiracy as requested, and with my turn to play, perfect timing for the critter standing there, not having done this in years, or possibly ever, split 10's v dealer 6.
    funny . good job , that is a good time to do it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    There are others at the table?

Who cares what the ploppies say.
    Sometimes you care.

Mirage, about 10 years ago. 3rd base hit 13 against the dealer's 5 "took dealer's 8". *
    1st base: "you're lucky."
    3rd base: "Thanks".
    1st Base: "You're lucky my gun's in the room."

*Don't remember exact cards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12