Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
Never underestimate the psychological aspect of gambling. If you achieve the goal, stop and enjoy for a day or week whatever, enjoy,,,because losing it back right away will eat away at you, no matter what anyone says. Take time to smell the roses, because after the big losses their will be no smelling of roses.
Ouchez.
No matter what level you play, this is such an important part of the game and learning process. Unfortunately it is not discussed nearly enough on message boards, nor publications and especially not communicated enough to newer players and members beginning their journey. Beginning my 9th year of full-time play, this is definitely the area that I struggle in the most.

As for stopping and smelling the roses, I have come to understand this a little bit more in the last year. I now try to schedule a little time to do just this more often. Whether winning or losing, taking a step back, taking a breath and enjoying life a bit helps with that psychological aspect and puts everything back in perspective.