See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youre half right - who wants to say I told you so

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I only have one drink if I've had a good session.

How much did you blow because of this trip-up, if you dont mind me asking?

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Planisphere View Post
    I tried drinking for first time in order to disguise myself as a counter (also I was confident that I wouldn't really change any of my plays even if i'm drunk), but as a player who only wong-in at TC +5 or above, drinking made me impatient and bet $100 (which is the minimum) at all TC's and lost $3000 in few hours.

Drinking makes you bold and impatient, and I mean bold as in stupidly bold. Although I made it back in next few days, I really regret it...
    If you are a drinker, I suggest you practice on a simulator(computer) while drinking and compare error rate to sober simulated play. This will give you insight on drinking and playing.

For regular drinkers that can handle and manage their intake, a couple of drinks might actually sharpen focus. There's a sweet spot and then a law of diminishing marginal utility that kicks in. If you can't manage it, then you should not drink at the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    If you are a drinker, I suggest you practice on a simulator(computer) while drinking and compare error rate to sober simulated play. This will give you insight on drinking and playing.
    I don't drink and okay - harly ever ever. Never heard it put into perspective like u have. So simp,e, its ridiculously smart. Drinkers should take heed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushie View Post
    I only have one drink if I've had a good session.

How much did you blow because of this trip-up, if you dont mind me asking?
    I dont want to think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    For regular drinkers that can handle and manage their intake, a couple of drinks might actually sharpen focus. There's a sweet spot and then a law of diminishing marginal utility that kicks in. If you can't manage it, then you should not drink at the tables.
    There is research that confirms what you state. That "sweet spot" is small with your liver driving you one way away from it while consumption pushes in the opposite direction away from it. I am a recovered alcoholic, and I know for me one drink triggers a craving for more and pushes me rapidly through the "sweet spot". This may not be the case for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    I dont want to think about it...
    I'm really curious as well...could be a good heads-up for people who haven't made the mistake yet..

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

I always try to make it clear to those I befriend/ teach/team-up with, etc.

It is not a good idea to thank me publicly.

There are some who dislike me and saying anything positive about me ...
    FYI, As I hope you know, I am not one of your detractors, I commend what you do and what you teach. Does not mean we have to agree on all things and I am fine with that.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12