See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longevity and many things to consider...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Do two card counters hurt each other at the same table using different counting systems in terms of EV?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    Do two card counters hurt each other at the same table using different counting systems in terms of EV?
    Duh, yes. Frequency of rounds at an advantage (already a small percent) are diluted.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

And you guys always stand up from the table when another card counter is present?

Playing with another counter is never +EV.

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    Weballinoutacontro, if you were to use spaces between the words in your online name, where would they be? I'm having difficulty figuring out whether you play poker online or that you (and your friends ) can't inhibit primal urges.
    lol. we ballin outa contro

web all in, outa control

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Duh, yes. Frequency of rounds at an advantage (already a small percent) are diluted.
    in that situation, obviously true with any player not just an AP....try burping, farting, sneezing over table (nasty flu season)...if that fails...split 10s, hit 12s vs 14, 15, & 16....you get the pic

Some civilians get pissed when you split a pair of 9s against the Dealer's 8's and 9's, or double on A-7 against Dealer's 6.

Better yet, its fascinating hearing them express their irritation with you and watch their facial expressions that reflect their desire to leave the table, and not play with you anymore, when you split a pair of 4's against a Dealer's 5 or 6 (Depending upon your DC/TC). Most recent time I played that hand, I heard from the player at 1st base something along the lines of: "Why the [insert your own curse words here] are you splitting and taking the Dealer's bust card? Your not supposed to do that at 3rd base. Your going to make me lose my money." Obviously, I kept my mouth shut, took my winnings, and played on.

Best part of that, I won two (2) bets, the player at 1st base did end up losing his 12 hand as dealer made a 17 (perhaps an 18, not 100% recollection ATM), and the other guy left the table so that I had heads up play time with my new BFF, the Dealer.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Just tell them the odds are against the dealer having a T under because only about 30% of the cards are T's, 4 T's in 13 ranks, but almost 40% of the time a T will make the dealers hand, 17 to 21 the dealer stands which has 5 hole cards that would make the dealers hand if the next card is a T. I am just trying to take the make the dealers hand T from him, because 4 out of 7 times the dealer makes a hand drawing a T but 3 out of 7 times the dealer will bust if the next card is a T. So a T as the next card would actually make the dealers hand more often than bust it...
    ... or you can say "Shut up skippy"

"Maybe I wanted to take the dealer's bust card." >:]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    Yes - I was waiting for that question. The gent that I banged into was very courteous and asked the player to his right if he could move over a spot so as to allow both of us to play two hands. So we finished the shoe banging a high count together (not with great success unfortunately). He was a cool customer - never flinched or winked, etc. he just did his thing....
    Your use of verbiage is very descriptive. I trust both of you enjoyed the encounter, and will continue to enjoy your mutual banging.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Just tell them the odds are against the dealer having a T under because only about 30% of the cards are T's, 4 T's in 13 ranks, but almost 40% of the time a T will make the dealers hand, 17 to 21 the dealer stands which has 5 hole cards that would make the dealers hand if the next card is a T. I am just trying to take the make the dealers hand T from him, because 4 out of 7 times the dealer makes a hand drawing a T but 3 out of 7 times the dealer will bust if the next card is a T. So a T as the next card would actually make the dealers hand more often than bust it. You should see their heads almost explode when they can't refute the flawed logic. You will be playing alone momentarily and the ploppy will choose to play other tables rather than yours.
    Do you really think ploppies care about that kind of stuff. Your better off teaching them hi Opt 2 with the FBM ASC. They wouldn't give a shit about hi Opt 2, but might take a liking to the FBM ASC - for feel good play. To retain your consistency, if the hi Opt brigade could give me a couple more unhelpfuls.

my successes at getting leopards to change their stripes
    Don Schlesinger - cleanup aisle Three.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast