See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A brief trip Las Vegas trip report and OSN

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Shorter than your usual. Pick up your socks and add some verbiage

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    All of you are worrying about arguing about what count people should use. i gave a quick and dirty list of counting style differences and their plusses and minuses and the info for people to make an informed decision. Now stop messing up the minds of the newbies and try to post what is helpful to them. Pretty much any count works but choosing one that best fits you and the games you will be playing is what we should be encouraging. To make an informed decision they need to know why things work the way they do. I think I gave just enough information for them to do that without giving so much that it is hard to process. Sometimes you have to learn the solution doesn't involve you taking action. It involves you shutting up and seeing where things are at and where they are headed. This is a necessary AP skill so your lack of understanding that and your lack of the ability to do that seems to be at odds with the success you say you have had. I don't doubt your success but am wondering why you insist on not seeing when things change or when you had a misperception. It seems more like this is all a game to you and you don't care if the newbies get hurt as a result of your shenanigans.
    Are you feelings okay? I mean, your post actually makes some sense. It is so not like you.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Answer to both is you should stop counting because you are making mistakes. Either come back when you are sharper, or if you are already sharp, come back when you have practiced enough not to make mistakes.
    So what. Halves is ace reckoned. Why should I stop counting should I lose the asc. What makes u think I've made a mistake. I still have the primary.

I had a great dealer yesterday. She motored at 250-300 hph. I didn't bother with FBM ASC, since I was gabbing, fooling around, giggling, and basically intimating to her what a great ass she had. The critter didn't seem to like me - he was trying to keep up with the count (I think), but couldn't as we floored it at supersonic speeds.

Take a mediocre to lousy cut, hit it at really big speed, with the ability to make instantaneous and accurate decisions at any count, sim that against good cut at average speed - so what's the problem.

Because you are making mistakes. If you continue you will continue to make more mistakes. Losing the count might not have been your first mistake. Time for a break.
    Because losing the side count IS a mistake so having made a mistake is a given.
    Yes, but if you have started making mistakes it is not reliable. That was my point. Time for a break at the first point of no advantage. If you can't count flawlessly it is time for a break as that was likely not your first mistake. If you are making frequent mistakes you should be practicing, not playing. Either count can continue without the side count. One has playing issues without it and the other has betting issues. The one with betting issues your last bet size should tell you your side count and get it pretty close to restored. Just be conservative about the possible range of the side count. The one with playing issues will have playing issues as there is no way to restore the side count. But the real concern is making any error at all. When you know you are making errors, as is the case for both counts, it is time to take a break.

I guess using an ace reckoned count you don't realize how easy it is to use your bet and the playing count to figure out what the side count is if you lose it. As long as you know your last bet and the playing count at your last bet and the number of aces on the table there isn't much range for the side count possibilities.
    Absolutely hopeless. Absolutely totally hopeless. But i digress. Why don't you just put another unhelpful. Seems to me the hi Opt brigade is around 25 for the week.

I will give you an unhelpful every time you mention you ball side count (unless of course it is funny.
    Ahh - front page expose'.
    Extra extra - 3 assumes ops position at Hi Opt brigade. Chastises Freightman.
    Hypocritical to the nth.

Trust me when I tell you that I will have more fun at this game than you. Be careful.
    FBM ASC.

I have thought about it. First I would drop the 9 from Halves to help with IC and playing your 12 totals. Then I would make it ace neutral to really finish the job on the IC and playing hands where the ace plays as a low card by using a balanced ace side count. So the ace side count would balance the A as -2 and 9 as -1 against the 3,5,6 as +1. That would leave the main count as 2,3,6,7 at +1 and 4,5 as +2 balanced by the T as -2. The main count (Hiopt2) has a PE of .67 instead of Halves .565 PE and an IC of .91 instead of Halves .72 IC. The Combined Betting Count would have a BC of .994 as it would be Halves. But it is harder and less effective than what I already do.

I am already doing cancellations to two counts simultaneously and outperforming Hiopt2/ASC with my tweaks. They also tend to smooth swings by shifting the betting bins to more frequent bets at each advantage because it gets the same advantage at 1 TC lower than Hiopt2/ASC. Imagine having each optimal bet having the frequency of the next lower TC (Using a level 4 Combined Betting Count while using lower count tags in each count I get a betting advantage at TC +1 at BJ. It isn't a mirage as is confirmed on a CDA. It is actual advantage situations that no other count recognizes and more accurate assessment of advantages that all counts recognize. Imagine how easy it is to get to TC +1 with a level 4 count. It is about as easy as getting to TC +.25 in a level 1 count. Hiopt2/ASC gets a smaller advantage at TC +2 which isn't that easy to reach off the top and occurs far less frequently). It is just the max bet which is bet less frequently than Hiopt2/ASC. This makes results less volatile for your BR while having a higher EV. So I would lose a lot if I switched. Other counts say not to bet at all, to over bet or to under bet where my count bets more accurately when it shows an advantage.

You are in trouble when you start making mistakes. You likely don't notice it when you make your first mistake so when you spot one it is time to take a break period. You wait until you no longer have an advantage if you are sure enough about what you can be and you have an advantage. My point is that one mistake caught means you probably have made other mistakes and can't trust what you think you know. You guys just don't get that and act like you can trust what you think you know despite knowing you have started making mistakes. I have all the time in the world to play. I don't need to play constantly. When I need a break I take one. It is about quality of rounds played not quantity of rounds played.

You two are the ones that don't think about what I said. I can always reconstruct a small range of possibilities for the ace side count with available information if I know my last bet the playing count when the round started and the number of aces played that round. If I don't know those things it is a very bad sign in terms of anything certainty of what I think I know. The range is usually very narrow like two possible number of aces scene. So if that is my only issue problem solved.
    So, your tc 1 is better than my tc 1. Are you saying that system matters?

Because you are making mistakes. If you continue you will continue to make more mistakes. Losing the count might not have been your first mistake. Time for a break.
    Because losing the side count IS a mistake so having made a mistake is a given.
    Yes, but if you have started making mistakes it is not reliable. That was my point. Time for a break at the first point of no advantage. If you can't count flawlessly it is time for a break as that was likely not your first mistake. If you are making frequent mistakes you should be practicing, not playing. Either count can continue without the side count. One has playing issues without it and the other has betting issues. The one with betting issues your last bet size should tell you your side count and get it pretty close to restored. Just be conservative about the possible range of the side count. The one with playing issues will have playing issues as there is no way to restore the side count. But the real concern is making any error at all. When you know you are making errors, as is the case for both counts, it is time to take a break.

I guess using an ace reckoned count you don't realize how easy it is to use your bet and the playing count to figure out what the side count is if you lose it. As long as you know your last bet and the playing count at your last bet and the number of aces on the table there isn't much range for the side count possibilities.
    Thank you for your the lesson. Must still be in newbie stage.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    It's in reference to the hi Opt brigade shoving a version of their perceptions down everyone's throat. I also assume at minimum, a semblance if intelligence among the forum members - unlike the hi Opt brigade which professes its suoeriority to the supposed uninformed masses
    Frieght, YOU are the person who brought up Hi Opt 2 in this thread. See post 60. I read the posts in order written, so I suspect in a few posts there will be a comment about your balls. *sigh* Troll much?

I use HiOpt2 for solo play. I love it. Countless rounds on the computer tell me I do it error free. Why would I stop?

I use HiLo when playing with others, and I have to transfer or receive the count. We are successful using one count. Why would I use another?

And last, why oh why another count debate? You should use the count you can execute flawlessly, and the one that suits your purpose. I live in a heavy DD area. I play about 75% DD. For my situation, learning HiOpt2 made sense.

A recreational player, a weekend warrior, or someone who primarily plays shoes, maybe not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Frieght, YOU are the person who brought up Hi Opt 2 in this thread. See post 60. I read the posts in order written, so I suspect in a few posts there will be a comment about your balls. *sigh* Troll much?

I use HiOpt2 for solo play. I love it. Countless rounds on the computer tell me I do it error free. Why would I stop?

I use HiLo when playing with others, and I have to transfer or receive the count. We are successful using one count. Why would I use another?

And last, why oh why another count debate? You should use the count you can execute flawlessly, and the one that suits your purpose. I live in a heavy DD area. I play about 75% DD. For my situation, learning HiOpt2 made sense.

A recreational player, a weekend warrior, or someone who primarily plays shoes, maybe not so much.
    No disrespect - there's a bigger picture, and unfortunately, some fall out as a result. Be patient.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Do we really need this pissing match?
    Take it private!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post

"So if it comes down to EOR you either believe
    Mr. Griffin or you don't."
    It is Dr. Griffin who showed us the high E.O.R. for the 4 and 5.

That is central to Level Two (and higher) counts.

Banned or Suspended

Now compare the E.O.R. for 4 and 5 to that of 2 and 7

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Note: OP is now banned.
    Did Zee post about another one of his escapades with underage Bangladeshi hookers?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast