Quote Originally Posted by Red Green View Post
I am just a beginner, so more senior members can vet this answer, but based on 8D, 5.5/8 pen, 10K BR, 1-20 spread at $10 base unit, assume HILo full index, your RoR is terrible (almost 50%). At full tables, maybe 60 hands/hour? EV/Hr is $10. Wonging in at +4 on the other game with a $100 minimum game...what will you spread? 1-10? ROR still crazy high at >46%. Even 1 - 5 is still more than 30%. That is definitely gambling! Unless you want to gamble, I think you're under bankrolled. $20K would be much better on 1-5 on the 6D game.i

As Freightman was, I think, implying, if you're BR is fully replenishable you can play at a theoretical BR of $20K.

And...in three hours at this level it would be reasonable (w/i 1 SD) to lose $3500 in three hours. At 1-10 you could be puking your guts out with a $5400 loss in three hours if the god of variance sweeps you to the left 1 SD. On the other hand, you could win, too. My gut feeling is that on actual bankroll you're running with short term variance and I suspect gravity pulls harder in the short term. That is, its harder to recover from losses as your top bet can get downgraded.

The short answer is neither game is very good. Play at your own risk.

I stand to be corrected of course, and encourage that as I'm still getting my feet wet on the technical side.
Always good to get your feet wet. Right or wrong, shows you're thinking.