Quote Originally Posted by Planisphere View Post
My friends (know nothing about gambling) tell me it's time to quit, that I will eventually lose more. I don't know if I should quit or not.
It's not time to quit but you will definitely have much worse sessions eventually. Heads up in a deeply dealt shoe $3K to $5K losses are not that uncommon. When you hit that really bad one where you split to 4 hands and double many of them and have 6 or 7 max bets lost on several rounds in one shoe resulting In a loss twice that large then you might have seen the worst of it. But if you continue to play long enough you will even lose more than that in one shoe. It is in the best conditions, heads up/ really high count/ very deep pen/ max bets early in the shoe that last until the end of the she, when you are most vulnerable to huge losses. You will make many of max bets and probably get lots of doubles and splits but you could lose every hand.

If you play long enough it will happen. Of course much of the time you will do quite well when you find yourself playing these conditions. Just remember, in the long run you will win a set percentage the total of all bets properly made at each bet level. The wins and losses may clump along the way but just properly making those bets add to your long run average win or lose if you play for a long enough time. That is how counting works. Anything can and will happen in the short run but eventually results should approach expectation. You just need the BR and stones to make it to the long run.