See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikings blow line by taking a knee instead of an extra point

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The Eagles looked unstoppable. When Carson Went went down for the season everyone was saying they were done. I said they have a great team and a very good defense. Nick Foles is a veteran starter that has played good off the bench. Most great teams the QB gets way more credit than he deserves. Usually there is a great O-line and a strong running game that allows any decent pro QB to shine. Well Foles looked better at QB today than anyone I have seen this season. It is hard for me to see the Patriots beating the Eagles at this point.

I just looked up Foles post season stats for the 2 games he played this year:
    Player: Nick Foles
    Team: Eagles
    Comp: 49
    Att: 63
    Pct: 77.8%
    Att/G: 31.5
    Yds: 598
    Avg: 9.5
    Yds/G: 299.0
    TD: 3
    Int: 0
    1st: 31
    1st%: 49.2%
    Long: 53T
    20+: 7
    40+: 3
    Sck: 2
    Rate: 122.1

Nick is on fire with an unbeilable completion percentage and the highest post season QBR i the league. In the post season it is about who is hot and who is not.
    Last edited by Three; 01-21-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    If the Eagles win the Super Bowl and maybe even if they don't there is going to be a HUGE QB controversy in Philly.

Foles 119.2 QB rating in 2013 is higher than any one year rating for Brady, and the 3rd highest yearly QB rating ever posted in the NFL.

for the season Jags averaged 6.6 penalties per game and Pats averaged 5.6.

in this game the Jags were penalized 6 times for 98 yards and the Pats were penalized 1 time for 10 yards.

due to randomness? was fairness likely? I don't think so.

how about a giant snowstorm in minneapolis for the super bowl. maybe 3 or 4 feet of snow. won't that be fun.
    New England is going to win it all anyways!!! All they need to do is not let Philly be ahead, break up their defense line and pass rush, dominant the game or take the game away from the Eagles and win the turnover differentials. New England is good an eliminating point deficits. From what I see the Eagles's biggest advantage is their defense line. The Eagles is going to use the same strategy they did against all teams but different variations. I don't know if have noticed but in almost every game. Usually in the first two quarters the Eagles is going to try to score as many points as possible that is why you see the Eagles getting 30 points in the first two quarters. They are doing that to make it hard for the other team to catch up but if the Patriot could find a way to disrupt that flow, then the Eagles would have a difficulty winning the game.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-22-2018 at 04:36 AM.

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl and maybe even if they don't there is going to be a HUGE QB controversy in Philly.

Foles 119.2 QB rating in 2013 is higher than any one year rating for Brady, and the 3rd highest yearly QB rating ever posted in the NFL.

in this game the Jags were penalized 6 times for 98 yards and the Pats were penalized 1 time for 10 yards.

how about a giant snowstorm in minneapolis for the super bowl. maybe 3 or 4 feet of snow. won't that be fun.
    I don't think there will be any controversy, Wentz is their guy. However, Foles trade value will be sky high and it would be good to trade him at a premium and avoid controversy later on when Wentz stumbles as all good and bad QBs do.

Yeah. I thought the refs gave the Pats the game. Home cooking by the referees.

Patriots can still beat the Eagles. They just have to break up and disrupt their pass rush. Their pass rush is going to put pressure on Tom Brady. One strategy to beat the Eagles is take the ball away from them either through a fumble or interception and keep doing it. If the Eagles don't get a chance to get the ball the Patriots is able to take the game away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    One strategy to beat the Eagles is take the ball away from them either through a fumble or interception and keep doing it. If the Eagles don't get a chance to get the ball the Patriots is able to take the game away from them.
    Duh!! Can you name a team this "strategy" doesn't work on? LOL

An even better "strategy" would be to score more points than the other team.
    Last edited by Joe Mama; 01-22-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Yeah. I thought the refs gave the Pats the game. Home cooking by the referees.
    The mighty Three, once again exposed for being a HATER!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post

Thank you for a voice of sanity.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post

Well, this is the way the Eagles were trying to behave lately and using against other teams they're playing. I was just wondering if other teams use this strategy against the Eagles how it will turn out for them. I guess they will get beaten, too or maybe not.

I guess they will get beaten, too or maybe not.
    Indeed! A very bold prediction!

Well, this is the way the Eagles were trying to behave lately and using against other teams they're playing. I was just wondering if other teams use this strategy against the Eagles how it will turn out for them.
    All the teams try to do this but the few that are successful at it, like the Eagles have been, are forces to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    All the teams try to do this but the few that are successful at it, like the Eagles have been, are forces to be reckoned with.
    Reeeeally?? Tell me more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast