See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: really?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The deck went negative a little while later so being the nice guy I am I left him to enjoy play without my company. I left ahead a little, maybe a few hundred. I went to the next store and ripped them a new one. Much nicer table mates as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    After a while of this kind of abuse do you ever tell the ploppy that if he is such an expert how come he keeps buying in for more money and I have a huge stack of chips for a small buy in? It really pisses them off to the point that they move to another table. Normally I try to resist the impulse. Some of them go, "Oh sure you win a lot but your screwing it up for everyone else". Then I say something like I am not going to play my hand stupid because you think you know what the next card will be. If you are concerned about it ask me what I am going to do and I will tell you so you can do the stupid move that saves everyone else. Usually if they don't leave after that they either tone it down or shut up.

I once had a ploppy stand on 22 v 7 because he wanted to get revenge and screw me up. I really had to try hard not to laugh.
    No. I decided to buy pepper spray instead of sayin anything, If a real good opportunity presents itself i'll say somethin, but usually I'll just ignore it. If it's impossible to ignore, i'll leave. On one occassion, there's this stupid side bet, and I dropped out. So one ploppy picks up a hand, cries about me gettin out like they had been forever. So he misses the side bet because he picked up the hand. That was a great opportunity for me to harass the table full of hostile ploppies about messin up the lfow of the cards. I'm tellin ya these people don't leave...it's hard to make ur argument when I'm playin for so much less than u. But i know what ur sayin would work. I got harassed by a ploppy last nite, a $5 ploppy who took turns w/his wife playin one hand. He didnt like wonging, surrendering, or playin two hands. Then the count jumped huge. I'm bettin $60 and winnin. Suddenly I'm down to 5 again and the dealer wins. He's still bettin $5. He didn't have anything to say. I think he felt so stupid after that, he left on his own.

Go with the flow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345