See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pit boss becoming an ally

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    make sure you're on the proper side of the bell curve.
    Based on your recent spate of postings, don't you mean ball curve?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Based on your recent spate of postings, don't you mean ball curve?

No, meant bell curve, when taken in context to the post I was responding to.

Speaking of Ball Curves, didn't Monica discover a 5 1/2 left?

Years ago I was playing in a place that I had been hitting regularly, and winning. I was about 1 hour into a session when I heard the phone ring at the critters' desk and the PC stared directly at me. She talked on the phone for a minute or so, then she started to walk in my direction and I'm thinking, "Oh no". She walked right up to me and then... laid an unrequested dinner comp for 2 on the table in front of me with a smile. I thanked her, played a few minutes more, then colored up and went to dinner. False alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post
    Years ago I was playing in a place that I had been hitting regularly, and winning. I was about 1 hour into a session when I heard the phone ring at the critters' desk and the PC stared directly at me. She talked on the phone for a minute or so, then she started to walk in my direction and I'm thinking, "Oh no". She walked right up to me and then... laid an unrequested dinner comp for 2 on the table in front of me with a smile. I thanked her, played a few minutes more, then colored up and went to dinner. False alarm.
    When the phone rings? Sometimes, you just know it's about you.
    I started a shoe, heads up, down a few bucks with about $400 in green in front of me. I was paid color for color, leaving the well stocked tray with only 3 green at the end of the shoe.

A call, a dirty look, and a polite exit a shoe later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123