See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Secret Monkey Count for Pontoon (Spanish 21)

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    FALSE AGAIN. They asked about SMC. One asked about SMC with ace-density, which is not what is generally considered ASC. Just stop.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    I was just answering questions posted by other forum readers.

So why don't you answer how to use SMC w ASC. No one has an answer to the question asked by at least six other forum users.
    I wouldn't know because I don't count cards in blackjack/SP21. I use other methods to beat the game.

Garbage in, garbage out.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I found a post by Three explaining average change in advantage per true count for Spanish 21 and he says EoR for Spanish 21, as compared to blackjack, are "squishy" and linear estimates are not as accurate in Spanish 21 as in blackjack.
    I am almost positive you are indeed Tthree.

No I am not Three. Just trying to come up with a simple system for Spnaish 21 S17 that gets more money than Kat-HL.

There is post #24 in this thread by All Clear where he likes SMC with ASC.

What questions do you have? I'm not permitted to give out the copy I have (I don't use it, instead using a more complicated system with an ace side count, that gives better results), but can answer general questions you may have. In short, it is a level two count for Spanish 21, designed for the S17 game. More powerful than Katarina's level one count.

And in post #28 All Clear said

Yes, the count I use was simmed, and I have the results, which include appropriate index numbers. I wouldn't use it otherwise.

So what else do you want? All Clear simmed SMC w ASC. He did not give details but said it works great.
    I quickly read through what tThree said about SP21. As I understand, he basically says there are two situations that are advantageous to players: one when the true count is very high and the other when the true count is very low. When the true count is very high, you just bet it like blackjack and play like blackjack. When the true count is very low but Aces are dense, you need to take the full advantage of multiple card doubling and 21 bonuses, and bet more. The common thing for both ends of the spectrum is they all need an ASC count.
    Last edited by aceside; 03-30-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Same verbose nonsense style.

Blog Entries

Highly unlikely.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I quickly read through what tThree said about SP21. As I understand, he basically says there are two situations that are advantageous to players: one when the true count is very high and the other when the true count is very low. When the true count is very high, you just bet it like blackjack and play like blackjack. When the true count is very low but Aces are dense, you need to take the full advantage of multiple card doubling and 21 bonuses, and bet more. The common thing for both ends of the spectrum is they all need an ASC count.
    Three wrote a lot about SP21, but he never wrote anything even close to the above, most of which is nonsense. He does keep track of Aces, but not in the traditional way.
    Last edited by Gronbog; 03-30-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    I can tell you with certainty that he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Three wrote a lot about SP21, but he never wrote anything even close to the above, most of which is nonsense. He does keep track of Aces, but not in the traditional way.
    This is interesting. What is the modern way of tracking Aces? Another technique for SP 21 I can imagine must have something to do with the match-the-dealer side bet, because SP21 are all equipped with it. If somebody can combine both a seven-side-count and an ace-side-count together, surely he will beat the game.

It's not so much a "modern" way, but just a different way. I can't say more than that.

This is either JSTAT or Silentbob420BMFJ from blackjackinfo.com.. Its gotta be
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

I still have two questions for you.
    1. Is SMC+ASC a good count system for Spanish 21, S17 as described by bjanalyst in post #36?
    2. Is SMC+7SC a good idea of Spanish 21, S17?Will a 7SC help with match-the-dealer side bet, as well as, multiple card doubling down and bonuses?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast