Thread: CVData

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData

I was looking over your candlestick diaries and found them to be quite insightful. Can CVData provide something similar?

https://qfit.com/blackjackdiary.htm

Is there anything resembling a Random Walk like BJRM?

MJ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    I was looking over your candlestick diaries and found them to be quite insightful. Can CVData provide something similar?
    I don't include candlestick charts in CVData. Thought about it. Might one day.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    Is there anything resembling a Random Walk like BJRM?
    On Nuances-Data, turn on keep a log. In the results, click Tools-Result Log. I believe this is more accurate as it includes skew. I think skew comes into play as we bet more in positive TC situations.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I ran a 50 million round simulation on CVData to test out the bankroll log. When I set the block size to 1000 rounds, only 12 blocks appear. Why does the software only provide data for 12k rounds when 50 million rounds were simulated? I would like bars for at least 30k rounds of play.

Does the y-axis represent units or dollars?

Have you given any further thought to including a candle stick option to CVData? It would be nice to know where the session started, ended, and if you won/ lost, etc. In short, the bankroll log is nice but it simply does not tell the full story.

MJ

Blog Entries

Click Nuances. On the Data tab, set Keep a log to a higher number.

The charting software I'm licensed for doesn't support candlestick charts. Their newer version changed their pricing model to take a hefty percentage of all of your sales. They then disappeared. The Candlestick software I used, referenced earlier in this thread, required Flash -- which is now barred by browsers.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Norm. Just to clarify, for the bankroll log, does the y-axis represent units?

CVData keeps freezing up when I try and run a simulation with massive data and keep a log feature both selected. The hand log pops up when I start the simulation and it shows 0% progress with only 62.5k rounds simulated. I'm going to send you the export file.

MJ

Blog Entries

Units.

I'll look at the export.

For the bankroll log, how does CVData determine which set of rounds to track? For a 50 million round simulation with keep a log set to 20k rounds, would the software track the first 20k rounds, last 20k rounds, or randomly pick somewhere in the 50 million interval?

MJ

Blog Entries

First 20K rounds in one of the threads.

Blog Entries

No. The main purpose of the log is to see if you have coded custom side bets and bonuses correctly and if you are betting them the way you want. They can also be used to examine session play and to see how your wonging settings work out. There are also some uses in looking at bankroll movements. But Session stats are used more for that.

Is it possible to generate a bankroll log for multiple games that are played consecutively in one simulation? Maybe I play 5k rounds double deck, then 15k rounds 6 deck, and finish with 10k rounds 8 deck.

Another idea would be to take the combo (or average) of the above games and generate a bankroll log for a given number of rounds specified for each game.

MJ

Blog Entries

Small numbers of rounds really have no meaning. You can use the Multi-Sim function to run multiple sims with different rules and some settings which may create multiple logs. Never tried it.