• $10,001 thru $20,000

6 13.04%
  • $20,001 thru $30,000

2 4.35%
  • More than $30,000

6 13.04%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was The Most You Won in One Day at Blackjack During 2017

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    The thing is people here have this nebulous but consistent feeling/thought about their count system like it was the college they went to - like hilo ill18 is community college, zen is state school, hi opt 2 ace and 7 side count is yale and t count is Oxford rhodes scholar.

Why did you stop at the Oxford Rhodes scholar category as there is surely one more to which you belong? In a recent thread in an exchange between you and freightman you asked the following question/and followed with a short reply:

"Dont the indices for playing decisions rely on ace adjustment?

I was just wondering if the asc was worth it - difficulty is of no concern to me"

Freightman's reply:

"ace adjustment
    No, the indices are the indices and are not based on ace side count, rather by count alone. Example tc 3 with huge ace surplus - do you double 11v10 - yes or no. Without asc, the choice is obvious. Affects insurance decisions and other valuable plays.

If difficulty is not a concern, is asc worth it.
    Depends. If I'm playing a slow table - why not, there are gains to be made. If I'm heads up with a fast dealer. I'll trade high hph fir sidecount anytime.

I'm not consistently sidecounting, still playing with various concepts. Can you sidecount at 259 hph?"

Ustonzen:

"While counting down two other tables...

I think i might try the halves"

Freightman:

"One other thing. Seems to me that hi opt 2 requires 1/4 deck resolution, which means continual glancing at the discard tray, which means higher putz, I mean pit scrutiny, low spread or not. . An accomplished ace reckoned counter resolving on full decks only requires occasional glancing (more often on tight index decisions).

Have fun."

BoSox

Ustonzen, finally we have a possible student Zen, giving lessons to the GrandMaster Zen, sort of like the battle of the Zen's, or the old What's your name show. Contestant #1 What's your name? GrandMaster Flash "the real GMF", contestant #2 What is your name? Grandmaster Flash "ZeeBabar" contestant #3 What is your name? GrandMaster Flash "Ustonzen". After the game is over during the closing credits Ustonzen says I teach the GrandMaster now, and ZeeBabar says it is all overrated anyway, this year I made more than the two Grand phonies combined.
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-21-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Bosox
    Nice effort, Grasshopper. Interesting denouement.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Why did you stop at the Oxford Rhodes scholar category as there is surely one more to which you belong?

Yale - Skull and Bones

I'm not consistently sidecounting, still playing with various concepts. Can you sidecount at 259 hph?"

Ustonzen:

"While counting down two other tables...

I think i might try the halves"

- i was kidding

BoSox

Ustonzen, finally we have a possible student Zen, giving lessons to the GrandMaster Zen, sort of like the battle of the Zen's, or the old What's your name show. Contestant #1 What's your name? GrandMaster Flash "the real GMF", contestant #2 What is your name? Grandmaster Flash "ZeeBabar" contestant #3 What is your name? GrandMaster Flash "Ustonzen". After the game is over during the closing credits Ustonzen says I teach the GrandMaster now, and ZeeBabar says it is all overrated anyway, this year I made more than the two Grand phonies combined.
    What

Quote Originally Posted by freightman View Post
    Yes. I use a balanced ace side count an count both simultaneously. Eliminating the side count wouldn't speed up my counting. It took a long time to be able to say that but that has been the case for years.
    Last edited by Three; 12-21-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Yes. I use a balanced ace side count an count both simultaneously. Eliminating the side count wouldn't speed up my counting. It took a long time to be able to say that but that has been the case for years.
    Oh well. I’m just a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Oh well. I’m just a rookie.
    Very funny. The point is while what you are saying may be true now that doesn't have to be the final state of things. All counts work to varying degrees. it is up to the individual to develop the skills that fit the count they want to use and the games they plan on playing.Some have to know their limitations and settle for something they can do rather than what they want. You can't always get what you want. But if you know your limitations you will find what you need. You also have to decide if something is worth the effort of doing effortlessly. If all you are ever going to do is count BJ until the game is so unplayable you have to use every trick in the book to stay afloat, side counting is a skill you don't have to have in your repertoire. But if you are going to expand to AP counting opportunities other than BJ, side counting is a valuable skill that can't be mastered too early.

What
    He's saying the town drunk is more successful than you and ZMF.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    He's saying the town drunk is more successful than you and ZMF.
    Hail to Zee. I salute on bended knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Hail to Zee. I salute on bended knee.
    Careful. he might interpret that as an invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Careful. he might interpret that as an invitation.
    That was fellatious.

Now, god forbid, I have a business meeting that it will add 1 hour to my gruelling workweek. Good thing I’m ahead of budgeted hours.

Is the meeting at the coffee shop?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Is the meeting at the coffee shop?
    Yes, It it was a different one

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    .........shows definitively that hiopt2 is better than hi lo.

Neither hilo or hiopt2 should be played until mastered - so the question of errors is a moot point and red herring - it takes longer to master hiopt2 but it shouldnt be surprising that it makes more money.
    I think everyone agrees that HiOpt2 is more powerful than HiLo. The sims prove this fact. However, there is much disagreement if an average person can master HiOpt2. A person has just a few seconds between hands to do everything required. There are bound to be more errors with a higher level count. There are just more things to keep track of and calculate. A lot of folks try college, but don't have what it takes and flunk out. Same thing with card counting, a higher level count is just too hard for some people to master period.

I'm sure glad when I started out that HIOpt2 wasn't pushed on me like it is on this site, especially by Flash and a few others.

Flash, mentioned he made $40 an hour in one of his posts. Now to be fair to Flash he didn't say what his unit was, but I got the impression he is a fairly large bettor by some of his other posts. If this is the case $40 an hour doesn't seem all that great to me for such a powerful count as HiOpt2. Just maybe a lot of errors are being made and he doesn't even realize it. Hell, I made more than $40 an hour after all expenses this year and I'm just mostly a red chip player, well there were some $25 min games in the mix also, but on average I'm pretty much on the low end as far as betting goes.

I know I have made errors this year, and it wasn't because I didn't know the correct play. It was because my mind was busy calculating other things. I actually hit a hard twenty a couple of times this year. Maybe if I was using a simpler count that wouldn't have happened.

I once witnessed a player using the KO count carry on a conversation with the pit. It was really pretty amazing how he said he could easily carry on the conversation and still keep the count with no problem. It didn't look like he was counting at all as he was engaged and had eye contact with the pit boss.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-22-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast