See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: storing your cash securely

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    You are on camera the entire time.
    Not if you take your box to the little privacy room, at least that's the case in my bank. Also, I keep my cash in envelopes of 10K in the box, so cash is never visible.

Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    A game that I am considering could have a monthly standard deviation of $50k-$100k. Can you just go into the bank and deposit/withdraw $250k cash with no problems as long as you only do it every two or three months? If not, what is the most you can do at a time?
    Doubtful. Chase is famous for backing off people who go to their box too often, or make large cash deposits/withdrawals frequently. It may fly if it's a business account and you live in a marijuana state.

Banned or Suspended

"Can you just go into the bank and deposit/withdraw $250k cash with no problems"

The frequency is moot.

If you want to do as described -

you must make requests a couple of days in advance.

I have never been held up in a life of 69 years to-date. There are no statistics available and I trust the math. Therefore, without a statistica! Report, I am not going to allow myself to be paranoid.

Worrying about a loss and taking action is no different than taking BJ insurance at TC-12.

Banned or Suspended

ZeeBabar looks like an emaciated mendicant monk in Bengal,

dreaming of the High Life in Kabul. Who would want to rob such a ...

Didn't know it was a 'safe' not 'safety' deposit box. I actually like learning new(?) stuff like that, so thanks.

When I opened mine at BOFA, I read the agreement and it didn't say anything about not having cash in the box, but it reminded me several times it is not insured. I'm a secondary key holder thingie on a SDB at a Wells Fargo (at least I think it's a WF, haven't been there in forever), but never read the agreement, at least not with a fine toothed comb. The primary on that account told me they don't allow cash -- but I'm not sure if that's part of the agreement contract or if that person just thought you couldn't keep cash in it.

I don't know if they're all the same, but the "small" box is an awful size. It's like a half inch too short, so you can't fit cash sideways in it. Damn trolls at the bank, let me tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Doubtful. Chase is famous for backing off people who go to their box too often, or make large cash deposits/withdrawals frequently. It may fly if it's a business account and you live in a marijuana state.
    I believe banks aren't allowed to do business with marijuana stuffs.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

The safest approach I can think of is to play rated at one store in an area, unrated where you count BJ or other AP plays where you want anonymity.

Set up a credit/marker account where you play rated, play VP and very polite Bj where you are rated for comps. GET marker when you come to the area, pay it off when you leave. Store may frown upon using their credit line to only play elsewhere.

Maybe local banks will not be as likely to close the accounts over big transactions. I can just open several different local accounts. If I am only depositing/withdrawing $10k-$50k at a time in each one, then maybe there won't be problems. I would just need to return back to those banks every time I make a transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

ZeeBabar looks like an emaciated mendicant monk in Bengal,

dreaming of the High Life in Kabul. Who would want to rob such a ...
    Where is Bengal? Never been to Kabul or any other city in Syria.

My banker knows what I do, and I store my bankroll (less about 10K) in a money market account. If I'm traveling and want to carry more money, I simply make a withdrawal. Yes, this generates a CTR, but so what?

i also have a nationwide account with BoA, and unlimited withdrawals. If you are a certain level at the Empire, you can make free cash advances. The one time I didn't carry enough, I spimply made a "cash advance" against my BoA account. The only annoyance is that since I didn't give proper notice, they gave me all $20s.

Day to day, I have a safe at home. It's cemented in a safe room, so I don't worry much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Where is Bengal? Never been to Kabul or any other city in Syria.
    The last time I looked, Kabul was in Afghanistan. Presumably, since Bengal tigers are from India...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

storing your cash securely

Good luck in taking large amounts of cash out of a bank account(anything over 10k, but especially six figures)! Either you are a terrorist or drug dealer, and either the government will have you under their watchful eye, and/or the bank will barr you. 98 per cent of people in Canada for example, carry no money or less then $20 with them most times when they are out. That means that the banks don't see large transactions very often, so when it does happens, they remember it. Using a box in the bank would be better, but if you are on their list to investigate, one day you may find your box empty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pilotzone; 12-02-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast