Thread: I have created my own bot program that using composition dependent strategy.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I have created my own bot program that using composition dependent strategy.

Hi,

I am using Excel macro (and help from other expert) to write a BJ calculator and a bot program. This program is ONLY for my ONLINE BJ game :-

1) Single deck
    2) Peek rule
    3) H17
    4) No surrender
    5) DAS, Double after split
    6) Double on hard 10 or 11 only
    7) Original hand split once to form 2 hands, NO resplit.
    8) Split Ace only receive one card
    9) Bet max 3 hands per round
    10) Shuffle after each round.
    11) Insurance pay 2 to 1

The house edge is 0.37%.

The bot program read cards that dealt to player(3 hands max) automatically, input to BJ calculator, calculate the perfect
    composition dependent strategy and act accordingly. The bot program will play the game fully automatically and it's about 70% done.

My request :-

a) Any expert here can suggest more functions/features that I can add to this program in order to have a better bot ?
    b) Please give/suggest(as many as you can) "border" BJ hand examples that can really verify the accuracy of my program, for example (5,4,5,1) vs T. . . .

Someone may argue that BJ calculator still can't overcome the house edge but I am sure that with the bonus given I can get NET PROFIT from this game.

James
    Last edited by James989; 11-02-2017 at 08:50 AM.

What did you write it in?

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    What did you write it in?
    VB

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    Hi,

I am using Excel macro (and help from other expert) to write a BJ calculator and a bot program. This program is ONLY for my ONLINE BJ game :-

1) Single deck
    2) Peek rule
    3) H17
    4) No surrender
    5) DAS, Double after split
    6) Double on hard 10 or 11 only
    7) Original hand split once to form 2 hands, NO resplit.
    8) Split Ace only receive one card
    9) Bet max 3 hands per round
    10) Shuffle after each round.
    11) Insurance pay 2 to 1

The house edge is 0.37%.

The bot program read cards that dealt to player(3 hands max) automatically, input to BJ calculator, calculate the perfect
    composition dependent strategy and act accordingly. The bot program will play the game fully automatically and it's about 70% done.

My request :-

a) Any expert here can suggest more functions/features that I can add to this program in order to have a better bot ?
    b) Please give/suggest(as many as you can) "border" BJ hand examples that can really verify the accuracy of my program, for example (5,4,5,1) vs T. . . .

Someone may argue that BJ calculator still can't overcome the house edge but I am sure that with the bonus given I can get NET PROFIT from this game.

James

Make sure your Bot recognizes the difference between insurance, and Hit/Stand decisions with Ace Up-card..Also give speacial attention to ALL Hard 16s.Theres a pretty good discrepancy between 10,6 and 10,5,A combinations..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    "Theres a pretty good discrepancy between 10,6 and 10,5,A."
    The discrepancy is equal to what "pretty good" amount in e.v.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Make sure your Bot recognizes the difference between insurance, and Hit/Stand decisions with Ace Up-card..Also give speacial attention to ALL Hard 16s.Theres a pretty good discrepancy between 10,6 and 10,5,A combinations..
    All already taken care, however, thanks for your comments.

It's single deck, bet 3 hands, only worth to buy insurance when there is one( Ev=0) or no(Ev= -6.7%) T cards
    Last edited by James989; 11-04-2017 at 08:21 AM.