See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to control the Bellagio fountains???

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Want to control the Bellagio fountains???

I was thinking.........

Just WHY would someone spend $250K to control the Bellagio fountains?

Are you trying to impress yourself? Or more likely, you are trying to impress someone else. Perhaps a female?

Personally, I think that if I were the female you were trying to impress, I would ONLY be impressed by just how stupid you are.

Sometimes I think there are limits to just how stupid people can be. But when I read about things like this, I am forced to move my limits further out.

But hey, I would rather see somebody spending $250K on controlling a fountain rather than buying an arsenal of weapons.

But an arsenal of weapons is so much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    But an arsenal of weapons is so much cheaper.
    Comments just don't get much dumber than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    But it is true. You wouldn't believe what you can get for a quarter million dollars. An arsenal wouldn't cost anywhere near that. Depending on what you call an arsenal at most 1 significant digit less. Unless of course you are the US military. Then you would pay a lot more. It is what it is. You can live in ignorance if you like but it won't change anything. Most problem people can't buy guns legally so making them illegal doesn't affect them.

Here is a list of histories that make it illegal to purchase firearms:
    1) Convicted of a felony
    2) Convicted in any court of a crime which is punishable by a term of more than one year or a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years. This is the number one reason why requests for firearm transfers are denied.
    3) Indicted for a crime punishable by more than one year
    4) A fugitive from justice
    5) A user of illegal drugs or an addict
    6) Involuntarily committed to a mental institution
    7) An illegal alien
    8) Dishonorably discharged from the armed forces
    9) Renounced your U.S. citizenship
    10) Subject to a restraining order for threatening a family member
    11) Convicted of domestic violence
    12) Under an indictment, but not convicted, of a crime carrying a possible year-long prison sentence

Unfortunately illegal firearms just get easier to get the more people that are fall under the barred criterion. A market driven supply and demand thing. The bigger the market is, the more people are willing to break the law to meet the demand.

But it is true. You wouldn't believe what you can get for a quarter million dollars. An arsenal wouldn't cost anywhere near that. Depending on what you call an arsenal at most 1 significant digit less. Unless of course you are the US military. Then you would pay a lot more. It is what it is. You can live in ignorance if you like but it won't change anything. Most problem people can't buy guns legally so making them illegal doesn't affect them.

Here is a list of histories that make it illegal to purchase firearms:
    1) Convicted of a felony
    2) Convicted in any court of a crime which is punishable by a term of more than one year or a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years. This is the number one reason why requests for firearm transfers are denied.
    3) Indicted for a crime punishable by more than one year
    4) A fugitive from justice
    5) A user of illegal drugs or an addict
    6) Involuntarily committed to a mental institution
    7) An illegal alien
    8) Dishonorably discharged from the armed forces
    9) Renounced your U.S. citizenship
    10) Subject to a restraining order for threatening a family member
    11) Convicted of domestic violence
    12) Under an indictment, but not convicted, of a crime carrying a possible year-long prison sentence

Unfortunately illegal firearms just get easier to get the more people that are fall under the barred criterion. A market driven supply and demand thing. The bigger the market is, the more people are willing to break the law to meet the demand.
    Justification of stupidity, merited or not, does not change the stupidity.

Agreed. When guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns. And they no longer fear an armed populace.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Don't know about that, I have seen some winners that would make hair stand up!

Want to control the Bellagio fountains???

Agreed. When guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns. And they no longer fear an armed populace.
    That's the way it is in Canada. When some criminal is going to shoot you, warn them that you are going to call the police, lol.

Look beyond the borders of the United States, and you will find any number if civilized countries, with far stricter gun laws, far lower per capita murder and violent crime rates.

An armed society is not a more polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotzone View Post
    Don't know about that, I have seen some winners that would make hair stand up!
    I seem to have a new pimple on my ass. Cheesaboing, or Pilotzone, or......care to tell us your real handle Sirk. Should be interesting over the next while.

Better have another drink, bonehead, and try and think of something smart to say, that should keep you busy until next year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pilotzone View Post
    Better have another drink, bonehead, and try and think of something smart to say, that should keep you busy until next year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is what it is, and a dickwad is still a dickwad. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast