See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy In

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The shoestring bankroll would favour your approach. The more bullish beefy type bankroll would favour the 2 unit long term break even wager.
    Which brings up a prior discussion on floored true counts, interpolation, the difference between break even true 1.0 vs clear advantage true 1.5.

The shoestring bankroll would favour your approach. The more bullish beefy type bankroll would favour the 2 unit long term break even wager.
    Because noooooone of us have ever over bet our bankrolls ;-)... and/or we're all "very well funded" from the start =P. Aka most counters shouldn't do it, but if you're advanced enough to understand your variance, bankroll, and RoR, then by all means.
    Don't think you have a winning game; know you have a winning game.

Quote Originally Posted by Romes View Post
    Because noooooone of us have ever over bet our bankrolls ;-)... and/or we're all "very well funded" from the start =P. Aka most counters shouldn't do it, but if you're advanced enough to understand your variance, bankroll, and RoR, then by all means.
    Wise words. In other words, if you're going to raise at break even, know what you're getting into.

Which brings up a prior discussion on floored true counts, interpolation, the difference between break even true 1.0 vs clear advantage true 1.5.
    There are times I raise at +1 hi-lo and other times I do not. This is mostly due to floating advantage, how close it is to being +2, and cover. +1.0 on the first round of the shoe is a lot different than +1.9 two rounds from the cut card.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tell all my team members to buy in for ten minimum bets, and then when the first counting bet occurs just bet all of the chips in front of you.

Chucky baby

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by chucky baby View Post
    "when the first counting bet occurs just bet all of the chips in front of you."
    Horrendously poor advice, as betting 5 or 10 or
    more units with a minimal advantage is ruinous.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    generally the cage does not sell chips
    Quote Originally Posted by Romes View Post
    The poker room cage does...
    Would buying in at the poker cage, and playing playing a few hands, but leaving before hitting the blinds, bring noticeable heat or unwanted attention? Does anyone on the forums have experience doing this? Poker would be +EV for me but its really boring and I know that BB and SB positions are consistent losers for every player, so avoiding them would be nice.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post
    Would buying in at the poker cage, and playing playing a few hands, but leaving before hitting the blinds, bring noticeable heat or unwanted attention? Does anyone on the forums have experience doing this? Poker would be +EV for me but its really boring and I know that BB and SB positions are consistent losers for every player, so avoiding them would be nice.
    you'll definitely draw some ire from the staff

One of the issues with buying in small (and I buy in small) is in this scenario. You buy in with $200 at a Green Chip table, play $25 on one hand to start at the DD game. 6 rounds later, you have about $125 left in front of you, TC is slightly over 1 and you bet $50 ($75 left), you lose it but the count has now climber to TC+4 for the last round. Its the last round, TC calls for a max bet of $150+ but you have only $75 in front of you. To take your wallet out when you have chips in front of you is awkward. You now either underbet or you signal you are a CC and need money for your max bet.

I usually will just underbet. How do you handle it?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post

Secret pocket chips to the rescue. If I have extra chips in my pocket, I'll dig them out and use them. Sometimes I'll just buy in because my stakes are so small potatoes no one cares. If I don't have extra chips and am playing for more than pocket lint, I do what 3 said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At $10 table I buy in for $200; at $25 table, $3-400.

Re Zee's question, I agree with Bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    One of the issues with buying in small (and I buy in small) is in this scenario. You buy in with $200 at a Green Chip table, play $25 on one hand to start at the DD game. 6 rounds later, you have about $125 left in front of you, TC is slightly over 1 and you bet $50 ($75 left), you lose it but the count has now climber to TC+4 for the last round. Its the last round, TC calls for a max bet of $150+ but you have only $75 in front of you. To take your wallet out when you have chips in front of you is awkward. You now either underbet or you signal you are a CC and need money for your max bet.

Always have chips to go in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    The DD games I've simmed (H17, DAS) call for a 2 unit bet at TC +1, as there is a +0.3% advantage. Isn't software amazing?
    What program did you use to sim?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast