Hi

i apologize in advance if this has been asked before and if there is any good links please show me where, and read up on them.

But when googling in general about BJ rules there seem be a general consensus about the general rules but im wondering about some of the edge cases and scenarios that can come up and how these are handled.

All scenarios below are when playing one-on-one against a dealer.

1. I have seen on the first deal of cards dealers that draw one card face down and one up, but in some places the dealer only deals himself a single card facing up during the first draw. What is most regular because this changes the beginning of the game quite drastically with the dealer not being able to know if he/she has blackjack after the first deal.

2. Dealer has an ace after the first deal. Player has BlackJack after first deal. Dealer looks at his second card and sees that he doesn't have Blackjack does the dealer end the game there and then and pay out the winnings or does he/she ask for insurances and do the insurance bit and flip the card for the player to show that the dealer doesn't have BJ?

3. Does dealer only ask for insurances if he/she has an ace after the first deal of cards has ended?

4. Player manages to play himself to a soft 21 does he get winnings payed directly or does he have to wait until the dealer has played his hand?, what happens if dealer also plays himself to a soft 21? draw?

5. Player plays himself to 21, dealers first card is a 10, and the first card the dealer draws is an ace, does hard 21 beat soft 21? or draw?

These are some of my beginner questions