See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tipping the Dealer

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    On my last bj trip I think I tipped about a $1 an hour. Do you think this was too much for a heavy red chip player. I don't track my tips.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    On my last bj trip I think I tipped about a $1 an hour. Do you think this was too much for a heavy red chip player. I don't track my tips.
    The irony is many of the people telling others not to tip say much larger amounts of increased EV just isn't worth getting. Perhaps if they had the 15% increase in EV they would feel they could afford to tip. I only tip when dealers give me what I want. I tip most dealers so that should tell you something. All I want is a fast, deeply dealt game and to have the dealer back me up when I am trying to keep ploppies off the table and to handle misdeals to give me the best possible option. The more I get from the list the better I tip the dealers. Around here dealers share tips so once one figures it out the word spreads to the other dealers they can trust. One of the dealers main jobs from their perspective is to figure out what will get you to tip and give it to you. Some I have trained in a matter of minutes.

I had played half a shoe with a dealer I had never played with before. It was our first shoe. I made some good money in the second quarter of the shoe. Then the count tanked. Next thing I know the dealer makes a timely misdeal. I get a great option to get out of a bad situation. Then to my surprise the dealer asks if I want a shuffle. I said I didn't know he could do that without asking the Floor. He said if there is a mis-deal he can shuffle at the players' unanimous request. Since I was the only one playing I said he messed up the flow of the cards and I would like a shuffle. He knew everything I wanted and I got what he was could give me. It made things easy and we both made a lot of money in a short time before things crowded up. It was the start of long profitable relationship. Not every dealer is stupid.
    Last edited by Three; 10-10-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    The more I get from the list the better I tip the dealers
    +1 - I call this the DTP. I adapted it from the BTP that I use.

BTP = Bartender training program
    Last edited by SpikeBJ; 10-10-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12