See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My favorite ploppyism

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

My favorite ploppyism

It's the one that goes "damnit, I didn't see he was (adding a hand, removing a hand, sitting out, doubling down, whatever...)

Oh really? What exactly would you have done differently with your $15 bet, $5 lucky ladies, and $5 progressive?

I think of all of the stupid things they say and do, this is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    It's the one that goes "damnit, I didn't see he was (adding a hand, removing a hand, sitting out, doubling down, whatever...)

Oh really? What exactly would you have done differently with your $15 bet, $5 lucky ladies, and $5 progressive?

I think of all of the stupid things they say and do, this is my favorite.
    I have several favorites, many of which I have oreviously noted. However, here are some again.

Ploppy lady commenting on several min bets in a row - it comes in spurts - what a coincidence I replied.

Good looking ploppy lady playing next to me, I asked if I could play behind her - errr, ummmm, I'm married.

The guy next to me says, I've been putting chips into the square with my right hand, and I was losing steadily, so I switched to my left hand, and now I am winning. So, I asked - what is it that you are doing with your left hand that you were not doing with your right. Dealer had a good laugh.

I know there are others, which I've temporarily forgotten, but just this past weekend, I commented to the very tall lady dealer that - honest, not trying to play footsies with you. I looked under the table, and the stand up box fir the previous short dealer was there, and I said - and besides, I can't see past your box. That was good for a giggle.

"Why did you take the dealer's bust card?"
    "Don't open(or close) a box, we're on a streak."
    "Why did you split 9s? It's a winning hand."
    "Why did you hit soft 18?"

Quote Originally Posted by Koz84 View Post
    "Why did you take the dealer's bust card?"
    "Don't open(or close) a box, we're on a streak."
    "Why did you split 9s? It's a winning hand."
    "Why did you hit soft 18?"
    What an idiot! Hitting 17vA inSpanish. I

"You up your bets when you're running good, not when you're losing."

"Why did you switch to two hands? We won that last one. Don't mess with the cards when they're good."

"If you lose 3 in a row, the dealer is hot. Leave."

"I'm playing on house money."

"I can't leave now, I'm up."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"Hey boss floorman!! Didn't you kick this guy out a few weeks ago?" Never happened to me, just something I thought of, which might make me laugh (or mad).

I always think it's a bit comical when someone else who's betting table minimum and doing wrong plays often, tells me learn how to play // I should do basic strategy // "this game is for the big boys". A-huh....that's why you're betting $10 and I have 2 hands of $300, right, you're the "big boy"?

One of my favorites is "I knew that was going to happen!" Apparently it's okay to play by gut-feel, but as soon as you know something's going to happen, ignore that knowledge and do whatever dumb thing you're going to do.

Or the guy who takes a few minutes to grab random bits of cash from his pockets and wallet then complains when dealer starts dealing after already waiting too long for him.

Something I see a sorta often at VP machines is people sitting putting $20-$100 in a machine. Playing a few minutes until it's gone, going to another machine with $20-$100, same thing, rinse wash repeat for what seems like an eternity. It doesn't really bother me that they're moving around. Even better, after losing their $20 they say "Don't play this machine, it sucks!!" Sometimes after the person has played all the other open machines in that bank, they'll go back to it. Why do they go back to a machine if it supposedly sucks????
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

One time a ploppy waved off a HARD 7 vs a dealer 6. Me and the 3rd base player as well as the dealer were just puzzled. We urged him to hit. He vigorously insisted he was not going to take the dealers bust card and was going to let the dealer bust. We finally let him be and we stood on our stiff hands. Dealer made 17 and beat the whole table. I thought it was funny and the dumbest play I had ever seen.

I Also find it funny when players use ploppy BS (stand on 16v7, stand on A6 and A7, never hit 12 etc) and try to lecture me when I surrender properly or double my soft hands the right way. They also never double their 10s or 11s properly as they are "saving money."

I truly believe if you ever see a player actually play 100% BS they are either a counter or will soon be one. That's how rare it is to see someone play just basic strategy. Baffles my mind as it's so easy to do. Hell just get the BS card and keep it at table.

these ploppy bs folks are afraid of short term variance . what is so hard to understand.

I wong in and ploppy says "Were you waiting for the count to get high?"

Thanks buddy. That's exactly what I need right now. Potential heat thanks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    The ploppies blame me for ruining the flow so the one guy decides he will punish me by sitting out and encourages the other guy to do the same, which he does. I play the next 4 decks heads up in a really high count and crush the shoe at max bet.
    This is one of my favorite things in life, honestly. It happened to me the other day. Two guys sit out and now I'm heads up. In this case, they weren't punishing me for some perceived slight, but for whatever reason thought the shoe was bad. I smashed the shoe, said thanks, and left. I don't quite know why they didn't jump back in when they saw me winning hand after hand. Maybe their same ploppy logic told them to stay out.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I split tens 3 times and you should have seen the table bunch of dumpy plops started throwing their hands up and leaning back like i started attaching little explosive devices to the cards - pit comes over to see what all the commotion is about but im having fun, drinking and carrying on and i after i win the hand she leaves without a second glance.
    i know it might be hard to tell from my posts but i actually like pissing people off - i am a natural villain and antagonizing the ignorant with my play is just a perk of counting

Thats why i split those tens like dry firewood and relish in the reaction

Quote Originally Posted by hitthat16 View Post
    I wong in and ploppy says "Were you waiting for the count to get high?"

Thanks buddy. That's exactly what I need right now. Potential heat thanks to you.
    I went to wong into a table and asked the sole player, "Hi, do you mind if I join?"
    The ploppy said, "Yes, I mind, but thank you very much for letting me know the count is good." Then he turned to the pit boss and said, "I love these kids, I don't even have to count the cards myself. These youngins do it for me." as he greatly increased his bet.
    I glared at him and turned to backcount a different table.

Ustonzen, I like your style.
    Last edited by Bubbles; 09-26-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Do you still ask after that? I would never ask some idiot civilians permission to do anything - you are not there by their leave. If they get mad theyll probably just bounce and you havent missed out on any ev, win-win.

Outing you is unforgivable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast