See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good strategy?

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    both the numerator and denominator change
    Let us take an example or two.
    The Hi-Lo R.C. is +10 and there are 2 of 6 unseen decks remaining.
    R.C. = +10 and T.C. =
    (precisely) +5.
    Now it becomes more likely than 'normal' for extra Aces and Face Cards to be played thus
    reducing the R.C. while that number, as it is reduced, is divided by a smaller number of decks
    remaining. BUT the delta of the numerator (rate of change) will have a tendency to be dropping
    faster than the R.C. is what I was thinking.

Here is an example taken from the aforementioned.
    There are 3 players and the cards dealt on the following round are mostly Faces and Aces,
    so the R.C. drops to +4. There are 11 cards dealt so now we have +5/1.75 for a T.C. of +2.85
    that I floor to +2. The TC was cut in half in one round.

NOW, looking at a more likely reduction in the R.C. so that it drops to +7 we have a computation
    of +7/1.75 = (precisely) +4 Did the TC drop in concert with
    the RC? Yes it did ~ both examples.
    Even in the more likely
    case, the drop-off in TC is anything but precipitous.

I guess that I had been viewing this with less than stellar objectivity. Thanx muchly, Don.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you take all cases, the TC tends to remain the same, assuming exact TC calculation.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

If you take all cases, the TC tends to remain the same, assuming exact TC calculation.
    I've never grasped the True Count Theorem, either.

Suppose you deal to the last down to the last card. By definition, the (true and running) count has to approach zero. I know what's coming - after the last card. it's undefined because you can't divide by zero, right? So what about with one card or 5 cards left. Are you saying it remains the same, then becomes undefined?

Blog Entries

Yep. TC has no meaning when there are no cards left.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

The concept is a simple one. RC = +10 with five decks left. TC = +2. Now, you deal one deck of the five. The RC drops one-fifth, on average, from +10 to +8. But now, only four decks remain. TC still = +2. On average, it does that all the way to the shuffle.

Bottom line: The tendency is for the TC to remain just where it is, on average.

Don

Yep. TC has no meaning when there are no cards left.
    Which means you can throw index play out the window, because you have something far more valuable - exact info.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Suppose you deal to the last down to the last card. By definition, the (true and running) count has to approach zero.
    Actually as you approach 0 cards left the TC has a huge magnitude. With one card remaining Hilo TC is either -52 (5 of every 13 times), 0 (3 of every 13 times), or +52 (5 of every 13 times). I don't call that approaching 0. There is no TC when no cards are left because you can't divide by 0 but the RC is 0. Starting to understand TC theorem? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Yes this logic is flawed. Wong in at +2 True and don’t hold yourself back from making 6 figures annually if you really have what it takes
    maybe a couple years and that's it . lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    True Count Theorem
    often not understood well enough . i use a True streak theorem , one tends to win and stay winning or stay losing until everything comes down in a crash ! LOl

A deck in motion tends to stay in motion...

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    And how does this fail to translate into a regressing True Count?
    Simple example: Hi-LO count, 5 cards left in deck -- TJQKA, RC=5,TC=52, remove 1 RC=4, TC=52, Remove 1 RC=3, TC=52, and so on. Running count moves towards zero, TC remains the same until RC hits zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    Simple example: Hi-LO count, 5 cards left in deck -- TJQKA, RC=5,TC=52, remove 1 RC=4, TC=52, Remove 1 RC=3, TC=52, and so on. Running count moves towards zero, TC remains the same until RC hits zero.
    Will you please stop using the phrase "regressing True Count"? There is absolutely no such concept and never has been. I thought I already explained it.

Don

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Okay, assume you have a monster running count half way through a 6 deck shoe like RC +18 and TC +6. This is a max bet situation. So if the TC tends to stay the same and not decrease, then you can just quit counting and make max bet for rest of shoe.

I know I have seen TC drop very much on just a couple of hands already and I wouldn't want to max bet until the end.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 10-10-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast