See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BC vs PE

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You told me this, having previously received free Snyder books by mail ?
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I dont have any of snyders books anymore and if i had the one you want i would send it to you

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Material re-sent to the correct email addy.

Did you delete them ?

He didnt send me any of snyders stuff - it was mostly just papers about statistical analyses that was so far over my head i could barely make out what language it was

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    I sent you the "cookbook" and several related books, academic papers, etc. on ST.

I know that you always tell the truth and you were convinced that I do not know about the existence of Amazon com.

Most of the links didnt work - they were all to papers - nothing by snyder.

Sometimes people dont know how cheap books can be on there. I ordered a book for 2 dollars the other day.

In one Jewish supermarket, the buyer approaches the seller and says: - Give me half the cabbage cabbage!
    Seller: Sorry, but we only sell whole heads.
    Buyer: I do not need the whole, I want half!
    Seller: But we only have whole, take the whole, it's small.
    Buyer: No! I need half!
    The seller: Well, I'll go to the manager, find out.
    He comes to the manager: There's one moron wants to buy half a head of cabbage, what should I do? He turns around and sees that this buyer is right behind him.
    "And this gentleman wants to buy the other half!"
    Manager: Well, sell to them, what a problem!
    At the end of the work day, the manager comes to the seller: You know, you walked along the edge of the abyss today, but you got so clever with this cabbage! Where you're from?
    Seller: From Canada, sir!
    M: Wow, why did you leave Canada?
    P: Because there are only whores and hockey players!
    M: I have a wife from Canada !!!
    P: Really? And for what team does she play?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    In one Jewish supermarket, the buyer approaches the seller and says: - Give me half the cabbage cabbage!
    Seller: Sorry, but we only sell whole heads.
    Buyer: I do not need the whole, I want half!
    Seller: But we only have whole, take the whole, it's small.
    Buyer: No! I need half!
    The seller: Well, I'll go to the manager, find out.
    He comes to the manager: There's one moron wants to buy half a head of cabbage, what should I do? He turns around and sees that this buyer is right behind him.
    "And this gentleman wants to buy the other half!"
    Manager: Well, sell to them, what a problem!
    At the end of the work day, the manager comes to the seller: You know, you walked along the edge of the abyss today, but you got so clever with this cabbage! Where you're from?
    Seller: From Canada, sir!
    M: Wow, why did you leave Canada?
    P: Because there are only whores and hockey players!
    M: I have a wife from Canada !!!
    P: Really? And for what team does she play?
    Maybe she played with the Hansen brothers.
    https://youtu.be/wYxbF4EMe0U

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    21forme and Bjarg. I realize you no longer post much. But damn. When are you going to jump in and save this thread? So that another doesn't start. I would think to protect your own interests. I tried to do it in code but no one understood.
    Moses, I haven't read this thread, nor any other in its entirety, in quite a while. Prior to logging in this morning, I logged in last evening, about 10 hours ago. This morning, after clicking on New Posts, about 15 threads were listed, several of which contained multiple pages of unread posts. I clicked Mark Forums Read and moved on, without reading any of it. There's just WAY too much noise here for my limited attention span.

On a positive note, Don S has chimed in a few more times recently, debunking (yet again) T3's nonsense. On a negative note, there's a new clown in town who has turned this forum into his personal platform for posting drivel, as he feels it's too quiet here. You need to resist the urge to respond to him and add to the noise.

While some folks complain that BJ21 has dried up and is dying since the ownership change, I still prefer it to here. I find 5 or 6 new posts each day over there (not including the Politics sub-board, which I don't read) preferable to the 100ish new posts/day here, as they are all on topic and AP-related.

Just my opinion...

I received mail from "alienated". I certainly hoped that he would support the discussion on the forum, but I think that he now has other vital interests. Usually I do not publish personal correspondence, but I think that the publication of this letter does not harm him in any way, but will only benefit the community of advanced players :

"I think you've explained yourself clearly.

For what it's worth I take the same view as you do with tracking. I just used hi-lo. No doubt halves is stronger and just as convenient if mastered. That would probably be the best choice for an especially gifted player. For me, hi-lo was the right choice.

I usually prefer not to get involved with these discussions about count systems, though, because there is not really a "right" answer. In theory, if HOII were used perfectly, it would be hard to beat, including with tracking. But it's so much more inconvenient to use for tracking that for almost everyone -- and certainly for me -- the player would end up compromising what is done tracking-wise because of the hassle of making the side-count adjustments and, if applicable, NRS calculations.

For example, someone mentioned they only played an easy shuffle, so they considered HOII manageable. Fair enough, but that is not how I would look at it. An easy shuffle means more can be done with the tracking. Doing those extra things will be hard enough without worrying about side-count adjustments. But not doing them means giving up more EV than will be gained with HOII.

Regarding the BC v PE discussion, I haven't run the sims to be certain. I remember DD' had run a lot of sims and he concluded, as you do, that if the bet spread is sufficiently large, a count with a higher BC will eventually win out.

One reason HOII performs so well, despite having a somewhat lower BC than halves, is that it is significantly better than ace-reckoned counts, and somewhat better than counts that include the 9, on insurance and some other decisions that increase in importance at high plus counts.

Regards,

alienated "

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456