See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL play-o-the-weak 2017

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    ...and you do it against the NFC champion with a highly ranked defense...

Eagles defense won't prevent the Patriots from scoring. As Eli Manning have already said Eagles' defense have weaknesses. Eagle's defense are vulnerable to double moves and attack up the middle. We all know that to beat Tom brady you will have to put fournette pressure on him. Knowing that is the fact the New England defense let go of the gas on their defensive line at the fourth quarter. So it is not the quarterback's fault. New England should carefully re-evaluate and revamp their whole team after this season to turn things around for them.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-05-2018 at 07:54 PM.

I am just saying Brady's reputation is you give him the ball when the game is on the line and he gets it done. It should be more like the Patriots get it done but the QB's get the credit and blame. Such is life in the NFL. This time Brady blew it. Not feeling the pressure that wasn't from the blind side killed the Patriots hopes right when it looked like they were going to run away with the game. It all came down to Brady being too focused downfield to see the pressure developing in front of him that would have told him to take a step or two up and if necessary roll right. Otherwise Brady was a likely MVP. So Brady has nobody to blame but himself. Normally Brady and any other NFL QB would feel the pressure and step up and then roll right. The game hinged on that play and his blocker made a great block but Brady stood there like a statue right where the rushers arc around the lineman was going to be. We all knew both teams would be successful marching down field against the other. It would come down to the difference in red zone defense and the turnovers. Foles threw a pick that wasn't his fault but it was like a punt. I took points off the board for the Eagles but pinned the Pats deep. Brady almost threw a number of interceptions but the Eagles couldn't reel the passes in. But Brady had the critical strip sack that ended the Patriots hopes right when they looked like they were about to take charge of the game. A missed extra point and field goals took 4 points off the board for the Pats and the Eagles missed an extra point and 2 two point conversions to take 3 to 5 points off the board for the Eagles depending on how you look at it. Their red zone efficiency was the same at 2 for 4.

Teams should take the blame and the glory together but in the NFL the QB gets the glory and the blame. This time the blame was deserved just for that 1 play. It killed the Pats hopes right when they seemed to be taking the game over. I for one think he shouldn't be Brady the crybaby everyone knows well but take the blame he has actually earned. It looked like the Pats were gong to win until brady didn't adjust to the pressure from the rush.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    New England should carefully re-evaluate and revamp their whole team after this season to turn things around for them.
    NE has one of the best teams in the NFL. If they work to what Brady has left they might get a couple more seasons out of him. The coaching staffs ability to play the salary cap dance is what made the dynasty. Brady took some pay cuts along the way to be able to afford the pieces they needed. That gave them a leg up in the salary cap dance. While they do what Seriousplayer is saying every year I don't see the needing to do anything extra except start a plan for when they no longer have Brady. I am sure they already have one in place. Hoyer is a solid QB if they have to go that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    While they do what Seriousplayer is saying every year I don't see the needing to do anything extra except start a plan for when they no longer have Brady. I am sure they already have one in place. Hoyer is a solid QB if they have to go that way for a while.
    Well, they lost the Superbowl 52 so it it easy to see that they have something to work on. Maybe further improve their defense and perfecting their game and team further. There is alway improvements that can be made. Yes, a solid plan for a new QB after tom brady retirement is needed. But I am anticipating that there are four more years until he retires.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-06-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    But I am anticipating that there are four more years until he retires.
    I'll take the under

Like I said I don't see Brady play much in my media market, but this was the first time his performance seemed to be affected by his aging skills. He looked pretty good most of the time. It looked like he was playing with properly inflated footballs and he wasn't used to it.

Like I said I don't see Brady play much in my media market, but this was the first time his performance seemed to be affected by his aging skills. He looked pretty good most of the time. It looked like he was playing with properly inflated footballs and he wasn't used to it.
    Ok, if that is the case then, probably you can tell me which team in the AFC that can challenge the Patriot to be the next greatest of all times?? Who??? Jacksonville, Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders or Texans????

In this age of the salary cap it could be anyone. Each year the teams are quite different from the previous year. It is the teams that do the salary cap dance the most effectively that become dynasties. Nothing has changed with the Patriots there. They do it better than any other team in the AFC. I have always been impressed with their depth. Or perhaps a better way to say it is the ability of the Patriots to play well as a team when the next man steps up to replace a regular player. With most teams there would be a weakness there for the other team to try and exploit. You will see when Brady is gone. The Pats are just a really good team. Brady is an asset but he is replaceable. The Pats will still be a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    you're joking with that comment I hope.
    Yes. Threw that one in for humor. Brady's stats weren't the biggest advantage from the deflated footballs. It was the the lack of fumbles. What ultimately decided the SuperBowl? It was a Brady fumble. Would he have fumbled if the ball was less inflated? The odds of fumbling are a lot less but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have fumbled anyway.
    Brady's legacy will forever be tarnished by the deflated football thing.
    Yes. That and all the other cheating scandals that happened during SuperBowl winning years. If you put an asterisk after each cheating scandal SuperBowl win he would be left with maybe one that didn't have an asterisk.

But his greatness cannot be questioned. Not in my opinion.
    I am not saying he is not great. My point has always been he is over-rated because he has the benefit of playing on the team that is best at the salary cap dance, which always means he is surrounded by a good team. You can still be great and be over-rated.

Yes. Threw that one in for humor. Brady's stats weren't the biggest advantage from the deflated footballs. It was the the lack of fumbles. What ultimately decided the SuperBowl? It was a Brady fumble. Would he have fumbled if the ball was less inflated? The odds of fumbling are a lot less but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have fumbled anyway.
    Yes. That and all the other cheating scandals that happened during SuperBowl winning years. If you put an asterisk after each cheating scandal SuperBowl win he would be left with maybe one that didn't have an asterisk.

I am not saying he is not great. My point has always been he is over-rated because he has the benefit of playing on the team that is best at the salary cap dance, which always means he is surrounded by a good team. You can still be great and be over-rated.
    So, let me get this straight - you chastise me for the FBM ASC, and you guys keep talking about inflated and deflated balls......hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    So, let me get this straight - you chastise me for the FBM ASC, and you guys keep talking about inflated and deflated balls......hmmmm
    A nutty question -- Do inflated balls have a positive or negative effect on FBM ASC?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    A nutty question -- Do inflated balls have a positive or negative effect on FBM ASC?
    An excellent question, worthy of an excellent response.
    Inflated balls absolutely have a positive effect on the FBM ASC. Think of it in different terms - how accurate do you think you can be, placing one finger per ace on an empty ball sac. An inflated ball sac offers additional options. Think in terms of finger pressure, relating to true count.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast