See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counting 2 tables at once

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Counting 2 tables at once

Have any of you counted 2 tables at once? How do you do it? With what count system?

Ive done it a few times with hi lo. Usually just standing between 2 tables back counting them both waiting for the best tc to wong in. If 1 table tanks then ill totally forget it and just watch the other.

There was 1 night where i was actually playing with 3 others at a table in a good count. The count went down to a tc 2 and another guy began playing at the table next to us. I started counting his table along with mine. It would have been alot harder if there were more players on that table.. but i managed to keep a confident count. The count at my table went negative and the other table was over a true 1. So i jumped right over to his table, no color ups, and began hammering. (Tc2 by the time i played 1st hand) ended up winning about 6k in that one shoe.

I have recently started using wong halves, i could not have counted 2 tables at once with wong halves, especially while playing one of the tables
    May the Variance be with you.

I've done it, but found it mentally taxing. I use HiOpt2. I imagine with an ace reckoned count it would be much easier. Counting two tables at once is not something I could do all evening, at least not without great practice.

You just gave me an idea. I could open Verite on my phone and also on my computer and try to play both simultaneously while keeping their counts. I'm going to try it.

Blog Entries

Verite has a drill for counting two tables.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Oooo. Thanks Norm!

There was a thread about this on blackjackinfo.com recently

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I'll have to check it out

It's not too tough even for a part time counter like myself if back counting, within 1-2 decks in most cases one or neither is worthwhile. Crowd conditions where both are worth counting are tougher to find. At times When it's been a while Since I've counted I count one table in my head and one with fingers in my pocket with fingers extended for positive curled for negative. If the pocket pool hand gets above five in either direction it's time to either stop counting that one or concentrate primarily on it.

I use Hi Lo, I used zen for the first few years I played at low stakes and have counted two tables with either count. I haven't noticed any real difference in difficulty using either, or effectiveness for that matter (I play primarily shoes with a fairly wide spread and less than 30 indices so any measureable potential gains from zen would be negated.)

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Could you post the link? I cant seem to find it

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    "measureable potential gains from zen would be negated."

Besides having a rather good P.E. the BC is
    much much better as it demotes 2's,3's and 7's.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I will not allow links to any threads in which a person participates who has spent three years attempting to destroy this site and the reputations of many APs through hundreds of posts on nine forums filled with slander. Sorry, but enough is enough. He just recently made false accusations there against yet another member here of outing an AP. People can post where they wish. But, I will not pay my money to host links to threads including those that have spent years attempting to harm, now, six members of this site, merely because they chose to post here. Now, you can call me any names you want. I don't delete posts insulting me. Or, you can suggest alternative actions on the Suggestions page. But, this man has harmed the AP community more than any other person, including D. Grant. And, at some point, I have to draw a line. And, after years and thousands of lies with apparently no end, this must be the time. After all, he has twice stated that he will celebrate on the day I die and will continue these posts against both me and Mike Shackleford long after we are dead, and has admitted that he purposely spreads lies because he enjoys hurting people. I wish no harm to anyone. I wouldn't even wish upon him a hangnail, much less death. I don't even understand such an attitude.

This is a free site where people can have polite discussions about AP. I have been lax in the rules. I will be enforcing the rules more exactingly as this site is not about harming people. Links to Holocaust denial sites (where he has participated for years), scam sites, or any threads involving people with years of constant attempts to cause harm to APs will not be allowed.

And, for those that participate at ZZ, Don and I did not know about 9/11 in advance and let thousands of people die.
    Last edited by Norm; 09-12-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Besides having a rather good P.E. the BC is
    much much better as it demotes 2's,3's and 7's.
    No doubt the PE is better. It also denotes the ace.....BC is worse for zen at .96 vs .97 if you're not using any ace adjustments. It would be uncommon for players using ace reckoned counts to make that adjustment in shoe games. Your post seems to assume the zen player will be making an extra betting adjustment and Hi-Lo player will not. Seems intentionally misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Could you post the link? I cant seem to find it
    I will respect Norm's wishes and not post a link. However, I mentioned the site because the thread provides good info in response to the question. Search on my handle over there and you should easily find it, as I've only made a handful of posts there lately (it's a recent thread.)

Norm, I hope this additional info doesn't cross your line. If you think it does, feel free to delete this with no hard feelings on my part.

Blog Entries

21, no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast