See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here ever lost 200 max. Bets during a prolonged losing streak?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are tons of places where you can bet 2x1500 or 2x2k with relatively little heat. I play terrible games 4/6 s17 and 40% pen dd games.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    What place even lets you get in time to play as high to lose 36k in one hand... i get major heat just hitting 500 or 1k
    Tons of places 2x1500 or 2x2k believe it or not if you're willing to attack terrible games.

Even more places if you want to play 2x3k or even 2x5k attacking 3-3.5/6 and $100/$300 mins.
    Last edited by Masterhoudini; 09-10-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterhoudini View Post
    There are tons of places where you can bet 2x1500 or 2x2k with relatively little heat. I play terrible games 4/6 s17 and 40% pen dd games.
    The worst DD game I will play is 50%, heads up, NS, NDAS. That is my absolute cut off point.

My worst run has been losing 100 max bets in 80 hours. Pretty frustrating. Good thing I was operating with a very low risk of ruin and resizing was not necessary.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    No wonder you all have such bad losing streaks. Your n0 must be astronomical. That means you are essentially gambling.
    Just do your thing buddy- you got your own complex count you divised for Spanish21 or pontoon or whatever variant of blackjack, fantastic that works for you. Why do you always feel the need to make backhanded comments like this to put others down?

When you read through the posts, it's apparent that the OP exaggerated and didn't actually lose 200 max bets without resizing.

For the record, when I lost 120k betting 2x700 and resizing to 2x500 the game I played was score of 80 and n0 20000 or so. They even gave me a heads up private table, so the conditions were not gambling like you claimed.

It also depends on how you define losing streaks- I will define as between all time highs. Looking back at my notes, it took me 243 hours of play to climb out of my 120k losing streak and reach another all time high. This is totally within the realm of reason and doesn't mean you lost consecutively all that time (in fact I was actually winning back), just that you're still in the midst of losing and unable to climb out.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybond007 View Post
    My worst run has been losing 100 max bets in 80 hours. Pretty frustrating. Good thing I was operating with a very low risk of ruin and resizing was not necessary.

100 max bets represents 32% of my bankroll.

Tons of places 2x1500 or 2x2k believe it or not if you're willing to attack terrible games.

Even more places if you want to play 2x3k or even 2x5k attacking 3-3.5/6 and $100/$300 mins.
    It's a good time to point out that Smallcap talks about this in various posts as well as GWAE (two separate episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    It's a good time to point out that Smallcap talks about this in various posts as well as GWAE (two separate episodes).
    Yes, SCG is a good dude and friend- tremendous respect always.

The point is to make appropriate trade offs at higher stakes- sacrificing the best conditions for longevity. What is the point of attacking a 5-5.5/6 s17 that sweats the action after an hour? I don't think that's the optimal strategy. These places that let you play 2x2k 4/6 S17 all day get tons of action and a.) don't care, b.) don't believe they offer a game that's beatable/ you have what it takes to beat it. No one cares about your play of 2x100 to 2x2000 when you have a whale playing 5k checks at the next table and a 7 figure line behind.

I've played side by side with MasterHoudini, and politely watched from a distance. Granted, cover plays aren't MH's thing, but the spreads are real, and not particularly subtle.

Your style, my style, are different, no question. MH does not bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    It isn't to put others down. It is so others can learn what to avoid. Perhaps the posters with ridiculous swings at atrocious games have the BR to justify playing through it but most posters don't. What these posters need to learn is game selection is the primary thing you can do to control swings. I think everyone would agree that some of the games described would require huge spreads or severe wonging to beat. ou play a shit game with a huge spread and you know what will happen. Results will seem almost completely random. I said what I said because of the conditions posted in the thread. I didn't even look at who posted them. But here are a couple of them:

When called out on losing $36K on one hand in your run of insane losses of max bets that actually were quickly erased by wins you wrote:

Blueman pointed out:

Your reply:

Of course this reply was to indicate you were playing this game but you never actually said it.

Now you write that you were playing a decentt game $700 max bet concerning the run with a 100-120 max bet lose in it with a hand not round that you lost $36K. So you are trying to get us to connect the dots that you lost 51.4 max bets on a hand or 25.7 max bets on one round. I never realized how ridiculous what you were saying was until you challenged me to see what prompted my post on game selection. Please stop making stuff up or check your figures for typos and read the responses that challenge the veracity of your typos so you can correct them. Chance to save face. Did you mean $3.6K and not $36K. No need to save face because you changed your story about what game you were playing from a horrid one to a decent one. Perhaps you would like to address that discrepancy as well.
    I never changed my story to save face. At the time of losing 36k in one hand I was playing a 2x2k and lost all my splits and doubles on a 4.5/6 S17 game with unlimited splits vs. a 6 up. 220k was lost in this "2nd losing streak" resizing back down to 2x1k- this is why I gave the range of 80-120 max bets, closer to 80.

The game i was speaking about with n0 20000 and SCORE 80 was entirely a different game during my earlier years betting 2x500 and 2x700 and my first big losing streak. I did not lose 36k in one hand on this game, but I did lose roughly 120 max bets 2x500 to 2x700 before I climbed back.

Yes I do play terrible games and have the bankroll to attack them. Why would I feel the need to fabricate stories, especially about losing? I have multiple verifiers to vouch for the fact that I play the stakes I do and I don't feel the need to waste my time and others' time by making up stories about my play. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for other others.

Sorry to hear about the losing streak, but welcome back Renzey!

First off kudos - tremendous respect for an AP that has obviously weathered an insane storm.

I've been pretty fortunate in my career, I lost my entire bankroll of 5k starting out and rebuilt from 2k. So that was 50 max bets in the beginning.

Fast forward, I suffered a 100 hour losing streak losing 50k before coming back up, then I hit 300k before losing 120k- 120 max bets. After that I cleared 600k before getting pounded for 220k- another 80-120 max bets. Worst hand during that time I lost 36k in one hand.

I finally cleared 700k after losing for over 100 hours again and it has been a long process that's for sure.
    We shared our mutual stories. You started on a shoestring 2k, without any real background or seasoning. I was paid back $600 from someone, as I was birthing into blackjack, and decided to call it my bankroll. I recall our first meeting. We were both seasoned. I knew who you were before you sat down. The scouting reports I had were bang on accurate, confirmed, in my mind, by the manner of your buy in. It took you a lifetime (5 minutes probably) to figure me. I recall my mock disgust - you may recall my comment. Coffee elsewhere, afterwards, was a good relationship start.

Subtlety never was your strongpoint trust all us well.

When you read through the posts, it's apparent that the OP exaggerated and didn't actually lose 200 max bets without resizing.
    I did actually lose the dollar equivalent of 200 of my max bets without resizing. I can tell you for sure that it was nearly all at or near the max bet level. High counts can be a curse for a long, long time.

To 21forme, Therefinery and Vagabond; Thanks for the welcome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast