Three's response in another thread made a question pop in my head that I have never gave a lot of thought to before. When I was first turned 21 and just gambled I remember asking the dealer when she checked for an Ace with a face card showing. "Hey so you know what card it is right even if its not an Ace?" she replied "no, I only know if it is an Ace". I thought that seemed odd at the time but never thought much more about it because if the dealer can in fact know what card it is and signal me to what it was that would be cheating and eventually prison time. Well fast forward to three weeks ago I am playing a local store and dealer shows a 10 and I have a 19 so I tuck my cards and the next lady says "hmmm what to do" she shows her cards and its A,7. Which BS says to hit but she doesn't know that. The dealer replied "you need to hit because 18 wont beat me this time" and trust me when I say he wasn't saying it has in "you have assume I always have a 10 underneath" He meant it as 18 will not beat the 20 that I know I have. She stayed and sure enough he has a 20. I can also remember a few times dealers telling people to stay on 14-16 while showing a 10 as they said "maybe ill bust". So can they or can they not see it?? I have always assumed it was just mirrors so therefore why wouldn't they be able to tell?