See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: do you put your surrender money on top of next bet at high count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    You're welcome. I hoped you would do that. Being willing to put in that work bodes well for the drive necessary to be successful. If you didn't do it you probably don't have the work ethic required to become advanced.
    I'll give odds that he didn't absorb a thing. No offence to anyone.

I gave him enough info so he won't make a lot of mistakes even if he doesn't understand what I said.

How the heck does that work exactly?

Flash and I get people all the time that are being brought up with baby steps and a simple approach. They are being wiped out by the advice of those trying to help them get started.

Not everyone who teaches a simple approach immediately shoves them out the door with false hopes and dreams with recommendations that they are ready to play for real money before they are actually ready.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    How the heck does that work exactly?

Not everyone who teaches a simple approach immediately shoves them out the door with false hopes and dreams with recommendations that they are ready to play for real money before they are actually ready.
    The responses in this thread are outstanding and hilarious. The real answer to OP's question is: why don't you realize the money you get from surrendering is yours? Do what you're supposed to do with your bankroll. But that would require OP understand the most basic aspects of the game.

Haven't you ever started learning something? You get a lot of people that treat you like an imbecile and teach you next to nothing and you find one that explains things to you and you understand things 100 fold better even though you still have lots to learn. This allows you to learn much faster so you are ready far quicker than the others that didn't get the reasons as to why you do or don't do something. It's like telling someone to put out a fire with water but also explaining an oil based fire is only spread by using water because the fire will float on the water. Then you explain you put out an oil based fire by cutting of the oxygen it needs to burn. The other ones being instructed think fire is put out but water but the student with the extra info will figure out fire is exterminated by cutting its oxygen supply off so waterer you use to do that must actually do it for the type of fire you are dealing with. Or like learning to hit a ball. It isn't about hitting the ball. It is about the snap of the wrist and the transition of weight and snapping of the hips. Power doesn't come from swinging the bat/club harder. Power comes from a clean contact timed at the right point of weight transfer and hip and wrist snapping. As they say you don't want to crush the ball you want to kiss it. Many just say swing and hit the ball but there is so much more to it than that. The sooner you learn that the sooner you can get some distance from your contact.
    The student just does it because they think once they mastered counting cards, index plays and TCing they are ready. They don't understand that is just the stable foundation that much more is built on top of before the product is ready. If they understand that from the get go they can progress faster and not feel they are ready too soon. The truth is everyone wants to take things one step at a time. You are not climbing a staircase. You have a bunch of skill sets you must master before you are ready. You work on one until you need a break and then you work on another. You work on all of them every day. That way whatever skill takes you longest to master the learning curve started the first day. The finished product takes the amount of time it takes to learn the hardest skill rather than the sum of the time it takes to learn all the skills.

I started using a playing count with a side count. To me that is the simplest and easiest thing there is. When I here people say they can't keep a side count in a shoe game because it is too hard it just makes me laugh because the way I learned that is the beginner level. It is like crawling. Like to em basic strategy is not necessary. My indices aren't when to deviate from basic strategy. I have a index for a decision. If you are at the index you make the the decision for that. Like a standing index. If my index is -10 you stand at -10 or above. If my index is +10 you stand at +10 and above. I don't care what basic strategy is because its an index play. If you aren't going to use basic strategy, why learn it? BS is quite apparent from the index plays. So my indices may differ a little from others because they aren't BS deviation points they are a playing strategy. BS is irrelevant.

After all of that I still prefer what Therefinery had to say:

"The responses in this thread are outstanding and hilarious. The real answer to OP's question is: why don't you realize the money you get from surrendering is yours? Do what you're supposed to do with your bankroll. But that would require OP understand the most basic aspects of the game."

Banned or Suspended

I began counting around 1981 when I got a copy of the original Blackbelt in Blackjack by the good Bishop A. Snyder.
    I started with the Zen Count. I never learned a Level One Count like Hi-Lo. ZEN made it easy to upgrade to HiOpt II
    after I became a Full-Time Professional Player in 1992. I had been struggling with the level of my net earnings.

That crucial step I found to be required if my "Skills were to Pay my Bills" Carefully avoiding the mixing of metaphors,
    I must say that I "Never Looked Back." Bankers, Arbitrageurs, Hedge Fund Managers, etc., fully understand just how
    very important a fractional increase in earnings can mean. I had taken required courses in Statistics and Probabilities
    in Graduate School, not that I
    was an A student.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I was young when this thread started

Blog Entries

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    not that I was an A student.
    I got a gentleman's F.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I always skipped the chapters on percents and statistics like stuff when I was in school/uni. I regret that some now.

My Statistics class had the hardest tests. Everything was open book and open note. The teacher felt that other tests wasted most of your ability to spread those tested out by having:
    91-100: A
    81-90: B
    60 or less: F

So his test was designed so:
    81-100: A
    61-80: B
    41-60: C
    21-40: D
    0-20: F

I got an A but the logic of statistics was often very tricky.

Three wrote in post #39:

"I never assume a person is too dim to understand. I make the explanation as simple as possible without missing the point. He know understands what he must know to be successful."

Realllllllllllllly, thank you professor.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

I began counting around 1981 when I got a copy of the original Blackbelt in Blackjack by the good Bishop A. Snyder.
    I started with the Zen Count. I never learned a Level One Count like Hi-Lo. ZEN made it easy to upgrade to HiOpt II
    after I became a Full-Time Professional Player in 1992. I had been struggling with the level of my net earnings.

That crucial step I found to be required if my "Skills were to Pay my Bills" Carefully avoiding the mixing of metaphors,
    I must say that I "Never Looked Back." Bankers, Arbitrageurs, Hedge Fund Managers, etc., fully understand just how
    very important a fractional increase in earnings can mean. I had taken required courses in Statistics and Probabilities
    in Graduate School, not that I
    was an A student.
    Wow over 20 years professional player. Thats nice

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

Banned or Suspended

My Stats professor was teaching at more than one university at the time.
    He told me that had I been his student in either of the two classes
    (that I took with him) that he was teaching at M.I.T. or at Harvard I would
    have simply FLUNKED !

The following year I faced a crisis. I was young but my wife was yet a teenager
    and when Dr. Igor Kusyszyn wanted to chair my Doctoral Dissertation in Canada
    at York University in Downview, Ontario (soon to be in Toronto) I had to say no
    as my beloved bride was very upset with the idea of moving to Canada.

Of course many of us got to know him as Lance Humble, a blackjack pioneer.
    That was in the very early 70's ~ just before he turned his gaze from Harness
    Racing to Blackjack!

Blog Entries

Still following the horses, last I heard.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Rest in Peace.

Ihor (Igor) Kusayszyn died on Nov. 11, 2015

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast