See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on "even money" and max bet BJ.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Zee, I'm starting to think you play better than some on here, at least you're not at minimum bet with a +6 TC. You have more improving to do, so keep at it. With taking insurance at 0 TC, I wonder if you are playing a winning game. That's a lot of lost EV to make up for. Don't do it again lol.

Moses, if you saw how often I have my max bet out you'd be flabbergasted, lol. At +4 and +6 you better bet it's out, even if I'm earlier in the deck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bubbles; 07-02-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    My understanding is you game is primarily shoes?
    Primarily yes, I play shoes. I also play a fair amount of DD and have recently started to play a few SD games.

Be careful Sis. Your cuteness will only carry you so far in pitch. I will bet your first BO comes from a jealous lady pit boss. lol
    Thanks. So far it's worked. I haven't technically been backed off yet, but it was imminently implied at one place. The bo started with a male dealer having a bad day. No females were involved.

How is it that you get it and then don't get it?
    Because your math isn't adding up to us.

Either we're missing a step or three that's going on in your head, or there's some bits that aren't correct. Like saying Zee makes 5 an hour,, when he basically states its $66+. You based it on win loss at an arbitrary TC. Zee ramps earlier than that and has a win rate well above 5 an hour if he plays correctly. We know this from sims. I don't know if it's quite 66, but seeing as he is becoming more picky regarding table conditions, it might not be far off.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    seems like a familiar scenario - 3 and Moses.

while everyone observes the current dining arrangements, we interestingly observe the clash of 2 very different non standard, but apparently effective systems, stuck, so to speak, on a point of order.

Normally, I enjoy the bout of recriminations, but this seems so much like another rerun.

"See unit bet percentages. I'd already run the sim at TC4, TC5, and max at TC 6 and up. The result were 4.95% of the hands at TC4 reflected a win rate of $5.45. This based on 100 hands per hour from data unout. Now TC 5 dropped to 2.91% but the win rate jumped to $11.84. TC6 and up was 2.77% The winrate at these max bets escalated to $25.12."

There isn't a single person reading this who has the slightest idea of what you're talking about. I know I don't. What is a "unit bet percentage"? From where are you getting the above numbers, and what do you claim that they mean?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Should get interesting. 3, you're getting better, though, if you're going to call a guy a fucking idiot, then, just call him a fucking idiot. Still better than confusing the shit out of that newbie. Now Moses, just a simple kick in the nuts. I'd throw in a Paul Newman link from Butch Cassidy, except I seem to have a you tube connection oriblem from the coffee shop I'm in.
    I dunno Freighter. I dont think you and I have ever has a cross word. I just dont do this ego trip some seem to take. Someone comes at me with a condescending better than thou approach, I'm coming back strong. You are much the same as me. I'm actually holding back considerably.
    I'm actually on your side of the equation, though I think you just just leave it - though sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. In other words, don't ask for the fight, don't look for the for the fight, avoid the fight if you can - but - if you get into the fight, fight to win. Either quit now, or go for the juggler if 3 encourages you. Under that scenario, expect Norm to close the thread - but, at least a portion of your point will be made. Your choice.

3 needs to accept the fact that there is other theory on the table. He seems unable to accept that fact, as he has been unable to accept that fact in other similar type arguments.

Don. I assumed most every pro knew their way around Norm's products. CV Data Unit Bets is an icon you scroll down to from the Pecentages segment.

It lists the distribution of bet in both percentages and units. It list the WLT percentages at the TC you enter for the Sim to run. It also excludes ties. It provides the Win Rate and Action per hour.
    Can tell you with great certainty that, at typical DD, with decent rules, multiplying bet size (max bet at TC = +4), times edge times frequency will max out at TC =+4, for a 1 to 6 spread. Don't need CV Data. Played that game thousands of times in Las Vegas, for dozens of years. Waiting for max bet at +6 would be suicidal.

And, for the thousandth time, the WLT percentages are a virtually useless statistic that no one ever quotes, except you.

Don

"Either quit now, or go for the juggler if 3 encourages you."

How do you know which one is the "juggler"? LOL!! You have to be the worst speller in the history of this forum.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "Either quit now, or go for the juggler if 3 encourages you."

How do you know which one is the "juggler"? LOL!! You have to be the worst speller in the history of this forum.

Don
    Great speller, lousy typist. Best spelling goofs had to be Marh Prof. So, in Honor of Zmath Prof, at what true **** would you place your max bet.

Shit, looks like some words are auto filtered. Sure u can guess

How does the cost of underbetting compare to not being allowed to play? Im not home so I will have to look at the Sims later. According to Zee, he plays ill 18 which is a time bomb waiting to explode if he has any game at all. So, he has impressed himself with SCORE by incuding items I doubt he uses.
    i have no clue what you are talking about. I did start with I-18, added a few more. As I said, I play DD, H-17, standard rules and try to bet optimally with a 1-6 spread. I do vary playing one hand or two, may adjust if I feel heat. I play rated. I started playing rated before I quite learned the game, made mistakes and thus earned less scrutiny. I seem to be winning more consistently. I attribute this to better game selection (e.g., playing with fewer players, walking away when conditions change, observant of penetration, etc.) and advice from forums and archives.

Mechanics who understand how to build cars and engines often don't make great drivers and great drivers often don't know much about engines, rely on others. I cannot tell you why I should double A,7 or split 9's against a 9 or other such stuff but if it's on strategy cards or Don or Wong's books, I just do it. That's me.

the discussions of you and T3 are way over my head.

Don. As a consumer I'm very concerned when you keep saying his products are virtually useless.

That is as you already know an untrue quote.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast