Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
I've had the unfortunate situation of being less than IC+3 and the dealer having the blackjack, or take the insurance at well past IC+5 with the dealer not having blackjack, but there is always the most absolute correct playing decision for any given hand, in any given deck composition, and at any level of penetration and that's what you're supposed to go with. You sort of missed the boat on this taking even money in a neutral count on your blackjacks. To review and critique your play for any flaws is a positive step in the right direction, though.

If I run into any sort of question on a hand or situation, I'll go back and review my information on that hand. It's often a matter of an extremely close call in which it's very close to the line, a matter of an unbalanced grouping or key card situation. Immediately after a playing session, I will question as to whether my betting and playing decisions were flawless, and further examine anything occurring that was questionable, perhaps write down a few notes while it's fresh in my mind. In this case, you were way off in the direction to not take even money. Live and learn, even if it means trying to teach an old dog new tricks. Go with what the exact is telling you to do rather from allowing feelings, intuitive thinking, or perceived psychic abilities to get in the way of that.
Getting there ever so slowly, thanks.