I never ceased to be amazed by the mistakes dealers make and I am prompted to write this after one of my favourite errors was made again just the other night.
This dealer was a pleasant young lad but clearly not accomplished at his job - he was very slow and had great trouble adding player totals when there were more than two cards in hand. If one of those cards happened to be an ace then it was especially challenging for him.
I had a hand comprising of a ten, a six and an ace and this dealer for some reason (don't ask me how!) thought that it came to a total of 21 and beat his 20. He promptly paid me 50 instead of scooping my 50 - thank you very much for the 100 bonus!
Over the years I have profited many times from this mistake and another favourite of mine - which also just occurred a few weeks back - was being paid for my blackjack then when the dealer bust he paid the whole table, including my box again.
Another lucrative blunder has been made several times by a smartarse dealer at my local store who wants to show off his speed at distributing the cards. Because he goes too fast sometimes he reveals the next card out of the shoe when he has to stop with A6. Usually I am sitting at the first box and that card is mine. In the jurisdiction where I regularly play the rule is that the mistakenly revealed card has to be used in the correct order (it is not burned as would happen in many places). Of course, if it just happens to be an ace then it's time for a maximum bet as I have more than a 50% advantage.
Every little bit helps and it's great that these mistakes come along regularly to give a nice boost to our win-rates.